↷☆ 12

"Welcome home, Mr Hart!" I plaster on a fake smile

"Welcome home, Mr Hart!" I plaster on a fake smile. I'm genuinely happy to see him but last night has made me miserable. I feel like the things that used to matter, don't anymore.

"Belle! My dear, how have you been? Taking good care of my baby, have you?" He smiles

I quickly check on the table near the counter with Liam and Jaxon sitting together. I served them a little while ago when they came in and announced they were officially together. Of course, I was over the moon for them. It was a little unexpected but equally as wholesome.

"Of course! The cafe is doing amazing! No incidents as of yet" I laugh.

"Excellent" he smiles, walking in between each set of tables and chairs. "How was your vacation?"

"Good, the grandkids are doing well" he says. "I'm glad to hear that."

Behind him, the cafe door opens a little and I spot the one familiar face I was planning on avoiding. 

Would it be unprofessional of me in front of Mr Hart to run and hide in the back room?

Our eyes meet instantly and I see him inhale a short breath. He takes steady strides over to Eugene and I and asks "Belle, please could I speak to you?"

As I'm about to open my mouth to pleasantly decline, Mr Hart beats me to it, "Oh sure, run along kids. Belle, you can leave now as my way of thanking you for looking after this place."

"Oh, Mr Hart, it's really no big deal-"

He shushes me with a laugh and walks over to the front counter. He begins checking on the food, the cash register, whatever he needs to I guess.

"Belle-"

"Let's talk outside" I mumble, walking out the cafe door without turning back, hoping he was following.

Walk him like a dog, sis!!

Once I'm outside, I turn around, awaiting on his words when he slowly (to probably not scare me away) goes to reach my hand.

I let him take my hand into his, for some reason.

He guides me a few steps until we're at the same car he drove me in to his home yesterday. Now that I look at it, it really is a gorgeous car.

"Let's get in to talk, the walls are soundproof" he says so I nod. The wise decision when faced with the mafia heir asking you to get in his car would be to run away or to scream but I don't find myself doing any of those things.

Last night, I couldn't take it upon myself to sleep. I was scared. Not of Amanda somehow breaking free and coming home in the middle of the night, or of Adrian and the mafia, but I was just overall scared. I don't know why.

I ended up staying up all night, mainly thinking with a side of watching TV. It could've been the sleep deprivation talking but I'm ready to give Adrian another chance. I know he truly would never hurt me.

I step into the car at the same time as him and we close the doors. "I'm sorry" I start.

He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows, "why are you sorry? I'm the one that should be. Belle, I'm really sorry for lying to you. I didn't want to scare you away or hurt you whatsoever. Please forgive me, Belle. I really don't want to lose you. I can't lose you."

I go to open my mouth to say I will and that he's never lost me but he continues with a little laugh of disbelief, "I can't believe how I've managed to meet such a beautiful girl like you, honestly you're like a walking ray of sunshine, you're the sweetest person on this earth. In the mafia, my job is rarely to hurt anyone but I promise you when I say, I would never hurt you. Thinking about the possibility of you getting hurt makes me want to jump into ongoing traffic. AN di usually hate everyone I meet, but you were an exception. You've always been an exception for everything. So, please Belle. I'm sorry-"

I cut off his rambling by placing my hand on his cheek, I quickly lean forward and smash my lips onto his. 

Instantly, he stops talking and brings his hand to my cheek to hastily kiss me back. The kiss is both rushed/hard and slow/soft. Sparks ignite my whole body. After another second, I move my head back an inch to take a breath. 

I can't believe I initiated that.

A smile stretches on his lips and his fingers gently slide down from my cheek to my neck. That's so attractive...

"I forgive you" I mumble as we stare into each others eyes. His lips tug into a smirk and he moves into the small space I created to peck me lips a few times. He moves his large hands to gently squish my cheeks and pecks me a few more times as I giggle.

I blush and lean back into my seat to collect my thoughts. He leans back in the drivers seat but has his head turned to me, analyzing my face.

"That was my first kiss" I mumble hesitantly. Is that what you're supposed to say after your first kiss?

"It was?" he leans forward in his seat. I awkwardly nod and he smirks "you're a naturally great kisser then."

I blush pinker and he laughs at my state, "you're so beautiful, Belle."

"Thank you, you're so handsome too" I smile up to him. He laughs and grabs ahold of my hand, interlocking our fingers together. 

"I'm so glad we met, Belle" he says seriously, rubbing the pad of his thumb gently on the back of mine.

"Me too" I smile.

---

A/N:

THE END!! i hoped y'all liked the story! <3

feel free to send me some book ideas/suggestions/tropes and i'll for sure think about doing them! 

ily all sooo much, cya soon!

- K <3