"Don't you want to visit Princess Elara? You were away for so long; I won't be surprised if she refuses to have a conversation" Aiden said.

"I'm going to visit her right now, and she won't refuse to converse with me. Stop being negative and speak less" Alex replied before blocking Aiden.

He glanced at the moon one last time, flames of anger flickering in his honey-brown orbs that briefly flashed golden before returning to their normal color as he closed the curtains, blocking the moon from his sight.

Extinguishing the flambeaus, he exited the dark room, walking through the hallway that led to the stairs ending in the lobby of the left wing's entrance. Nodding in response to the greetings from the guards, he proceeded down the hallway.

As her brother, King Alex knew Princess Elara well, and that was why he headed towards her chamber where she was engrossed in experimenting with magic and herbs.

Making potions was one of her favourite things to do, she learnt magic from her mother, the Imperial Luna, Omega Seraphina, who was the only child of Alpha Cole and Irene, a witch, best healer and magician of all times. Hence, the children of Omega Seraphina had the art of magic running through their veins.

Besides her duties in the courtroom as a princess, she considered herself fortunate to spend most of her time as a professional healer.

Princess Elara, an omega, the princess of the Kingdom of Eclipse was a kind-hearted healer and a warrior, skilled in archery. Just like her brother , she was adored by Aylin's people as well.

Apart from Aylin, Eclipse, and other kingdoms, knew little about her. They only knew her as an exceptional healer and the sister of their king; otherwise, she remained a mystery, preferring to stay hidden from the world.

Standing outside his sister's room, where she was deeply engrossed in practicing magic, he ran his fingers through his hair before gently knocking on the door.

Princess Elara sensed his presence the moment he entered the hallway, her instincts sharp as ever.

Granting her brother permission to enter, she didn't bother to turn her gaze from her work.

Alex entered and approached his sister, who seemed busy concocting potions.

"How have you been? I apologize for being away for so long," he said, genuine concern in his tone.

"I've lost count of how many times you've apologized for this, brother," Elara replied, her composure unwavering.

Alex sighed softly. "I had no choice, Elara."

"You could have at least informed me before leaving. Any excuses for that?" she asked, disappointment evident in her voice.

"I apologize for not notifying you," he replied sincerely.

Taking her brother's hand, Elara led him to sit on the sofa placed on the right of her working table before sitting beside him.

Her eyes searched his face as he watched her. Once again, her brother's eyes revealed no emotions. They say eyes don't lie, but Elara refused to believe that. Watching her loved one lose themselves made her feel helpless and pained. She didn't want to accept that her brother was numb because if eyes don't lie, then he probably felt nothing.