[021]~ 𝒜𝓃 𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒯𝓊𝓉𝑜𝓇

Odessa was a smart girl. She was given extensive training when she was brought to Azkaban. Since her powers came so early, she had to learn how to control them as soon as possible.

Knowing this, she was put in mainly fifth year classes, despite being the age of a fourth year.
The issue, is they did not take into account that she was only taught to control her powers. She did not learn about the stars, she did not learn about ancient runes, and most unfortunate in her current circumstances- she did not learn about potions.

She couldn't ask her lab partner for help either, as the Ravenclaw unwillingly sat by her had barely said a word to her since the start of the semester. She seemed to be sitting on the furthest edge of their table.

"Remember, your essays on undetectable poisons are due by the end of the week. 20 inches." Slughorn reminded the class. "Once you are cleaned up, you are dismissed."

As the rest of the class left, Odessa made her way up to speak with Slughorn. "Professor, may I have a moment of your time?" She asked.

"Yes, of course, miss Ambrosius. How can I be of assistance?" He replied.

"I mean not to complain, but I am afraid I may not know enough to be in fifth year potions." She admitted. "I fear I may be falling behind."

Slughorn looked over some papers on his desk. "Your marks aren't particularly outstanding," he admitted, "but you're not too far behind." He thought for a moment. "It may become more confusing to switch you back down to fourth year potions at this point in time. What I could do for you, however, is suggest a tutor." He told her.

"That would be ideal." She agreed.

"Excellent, well..." He thought for a moment on who could be of some assistance to the girl. He wanted to take into account who excelled in his class, and who she may know well.

"My best recommendations may be mister Severus Snape or mister Bartemius Crouch Jr." He determined.

"Barty? Is he not in fourth year?" She asked in confusion.

"He is. But he has a special knack for the art of potions. If he can focus on academics, he would be a good option. If not, Severus takes advanced potions, but he could probably give you a hand." He informed the girl.

"Very well." She accepted. "I will go speak with them, thank you professor." She bid Slughorn farewell and made her way out of the classroom.

"What took you so long?" Regulus asked when she finally walked out.

"I was asking Professor Slughorn for help. I'm not doing too well in potions, to be honest." She explained.

"Clearly. I've been waiting out here for ages." He whined, taking her books from her and placing them under his arm.

"How? Aren't you in muggle studies while I have potions?" She asked. "It's been not even twenty minutes since class ended."
Despite the fact that Odessa fully knew her way around the school by now, Regulus still insisted on accompanying her to each of her classes. Somehow he managed to make his way to each and every one of her classes by the time she got out, even when his classes were on the opposite side of the school.

"I have my ways." He smirked. "Anyway, if you need a hand in potions I could ask Bella. She did pretty well in her fifth year." He thought.

"I'm alright. To be honest, Bellatrix is a bit off-putting." She admitted. "I'll be fine. Professor Slughorn gave me some suggestions of who could help."

"If you say so." He shrugged.

———————————

"Yes! That was magnificently done, miss Ambrosius." Professor Flitwick commended. "Would you like to start practicing it with your wand now?" He offered.