Chapter 7: Decisions

POV Daemon Targaryen

Daemon awoke that morning at Dany's side knowing that something important would happen today, his instincts never failed him and they were rarely wrong, everything pointed to the Northerner, he had already been keeping an eye on the two men around his Queen these days, and he did not like what their interactions implied. Dany had always had a huge heart, but she could become naive about the feelings she aroused in men, he had seen Harwin's interest in his Dany, he had also seen it in Ser Jorah and several of his Dothraki men, but they all treated her with the respect she deserved, all except Jon.

Daemon knew she had good intentions with the Northerner, to have a good alliance so the least number of unnecessary deaths would happen, she may have felt attraction to the man, a natural attraction that comes in front of everyone when you meet someone attractive, he knew first hand what a physical attraction was. But Daemon knew with full confidence that Dany would never do anything about those primal instincts, she respected and valued him, she had proven that. He knew that she got up every night for her nightmares and went for a walk, what she didn't know was that the Prince, had been following her nightly walks for a few days now and that night, after the fall of the Capital, he wasn't going to leave her alone either.

The Prince saw in full detail the encounter between the two young people who in another life would have been lovers, for a while, despite Dany's attraction, she always kept her distance from Jon, when he approached her, she would unconsciously take a step back, she would always be kind, and would let men's slips pass in front of her, because that is what she was used to, but not him. Daemon watched as they both looked into each other's eyes, but where Jon there was longing, in Dany's eyes he found there was regret and fear, he left there to go to the bedroom when he saw her walk back to go back inside, so he waited for her on the bed.

All that led him back to another boring meeting in the war room, all that led him to meet some children who had taken another weight off his Queen's shoulders and for that, he would be eternally grateful. And there he was in front of Ser Davos rambling about what he had weighed, Daemon knew very well that they were going to ask his girl, his Dany, to marry the Northerner he had deduced it from the complicit looks of the men, they thought they were smart and the truth is they knew nothing, tired of the absurdity of it all he interrupted.

"Speak plainly" he bit out towards Ser Davos.

The older man flinched at his words looking at him with some trepidation, he raised one of his eyebrows beginning to notice how his insides began to simmer in a slow fire, then he heard the voice of the Northerner and lost the battle against his nerves.

"Marry me, Dany."

"How dare you ask such a thing of her?" he said in a low, raspy tone, gripping the hilt of his sword tightly. "Why would she want to ally herself with you or the North? You are no one, you are nothing, just cowardly men who cannot feed their own people and would take advantage of the kindness of the Seven Kingdoms, I know you are just a worthless bastard, who does not know what it is to have education, but you will address her as what she is QUEEN, only I can call her Dany."

Jon stood up straight meeting his gaze with him, gripping his own sword tightly, that was exactly what Daemon was waiting for, he would end that pathetic excuse of a man in two seconds of battle, it was as they both went to leap for the other's jugular that Dany's soft voice interrupted.

"No" she said flatly causing everyone in the room to stop in their tracks, Daemon had been so busy attacking the man, he didn't notice that all of the Queen's allies had been shouting against the Northmen, especially Yarah. "I will not marry you Jon Snow, not today, not ever"