8

I woke up and noticed that Payton was gone

I woke up and noticed that Payton was gone. Payton? I called. As soon as I knew she did not answer I knew she was gone. 

Laruen wake up. I said as she woke up. 

Payton's gone. I said. 

What. Lauren said as she looked and saw that Payton was gone. 

We have to go find her. I said. 

No Harper . Laruen said. 

What? I said.

We are going home. Laruen said. 

We can't, Camile properly has Payton in a cage right now we have to help. I said. 

No we don't. We don't owe her anything . Zoe said. 

Well maybe not you guys but I do. I said. 

That doesn't matter Harper. We are going home. Lauren said. 

Yeah, you all are I'm not. I said. 

What? Zoe said. 

I'm going to help Payton I told her I would help her and I will. I said. 

You can't be serious your choosing Payton over your family. Carlos said. 

No! I'm helping her which is what your husband would have wanted. I said. 

Lauren than grabbed my wrist and forced me to look at her. 

Don't use him like that. Lauren said. 

Like what? Like saying on how good of a man he was. Oh yeah I forgot, you never talk about him. All you guys just shut down after he died. Like he didn't even matter.  Well I'm going to help Payton get  back home. Come with if you want, if not go home. I said. 

Zoe than wrapped ger arms around my waist. 

I didn't forget him. I- I just wanted to protect you all so you wouldn't end up like him.  You know gone. Please don't go. Zoe begged.

I turned around and hugged Zoe. I knew she had been through a lot but I had to help Payton. 

I'm sorry Zoe but I have to do this. I said as grabbed my gun and walked away from the family that I knew. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was only a few hours since I left my family I noticed a few walkers coming buy. I had my knife ready to kill them, but both of the walkers were shot. I looked behind me and saw Carlos. 

Carlos? I said. 

Sup. Carlos said. 

What are you doing here? I asked. 

Same as you. I'm  going to help Payton. Carlos said. 

What? I said. 

Look if my aunt Rosita were here she would slap me in the face if I ever let you go alone. Carlos said. 

Carlos you don't have to do this. I said. 

Yes I do. And besides I kinda owe you one for saving me form that walker that almost but my arm off. Carlos said. 

You kinda owe me? You little shit you do owe me  lot. I said while Carlos laughed. 

Alright fine I do. Carlos said. 

Okay. Let's go. I said.