fourteen. just kid $h*t

"Want anything to drink?" Ant asked

"Want anything to drink?" Ant asked. Reggie noticed the way he fumbled and fiddled nervously and it brought him a sense of comfort with knowing he wasn't the only one nervous. He shook his head to answer Ant's question and the boy muttered a few words of understanding. "So..."

"So..." Reggie repeated, looking at the Vaughn boy from his seat on the bed. Ant stood up and across from him near his desk. Reggie cleared his throat before speaking, "I like... what you've done with the place."

Ant furrowed his brows in confusion, trying to make sense of the boy's gestures. Reggie pointed excitedly at the colorful posters and other newly added decorations in the room. Finally, the message dawned on Ant. He nodded his head in gratitude, but his nervousness betrayed him, despite the familiarity he shared with Reggie. "Reg," he stammered, "I miss you a-and I want us to get back together."

"I want that too," Reggie announced in a quiet voice. Despite his low tone, Ant could hear and couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement bubble within him. "Great! It's settled then-" "But... the night of the fight... I can't just forget what you said as soon as we get back together."

"Reg, what I said was only out of anger," Ant whispered after he pushed himself from the desk to sit next to the Wilson boy. "I... what I said was fucked up, and I know it, but when I said it I wasn't thinking clearly and I didn't mean it. I don't think of you in that way."

"Yeah, because saying you wish that I was a girl definitely falls under "the purely out of anger" category," Reggie said with sarcasm in his voice. "I want to be with you, Ant, I really do. I really really do... But I want you to work out whatever you're going through."

"I have," Ant took hold of Reggie's hands, weaving their fingers together. The sensation warmed Reggie's heart. "I swear that I have."

Reggie sighed as he looked into Ant's chocolate-brown eyes. They showed nothing but honesty and yearning. "Let's make a deal, okay?" After Ant nodded his head and released a hum in agreement, Reggie continued, "I'll give us a second chance, if you prove that you're 100% sure that you want to be with me."

"I will do anything to prove it to you, love!" Ant asserted with wide eyes. "Homework? I'll do it. Ties your shoes? No problem, babe. Get rid of your math teacher? Hell yeah!"

"How about we stick to something simple," Reggie expressed, patting the boy on his shoulder to stop his ideas from getting worse, no matter how much the thought made him happy.

"Does that mean..." Ant trailed off as he moved to sit closer to Reggie's body. His hand veered from their formally entwined hands to Reggie's cheek. "I can kiss you right now?"

Reggie's lips curved into a mischievous grin as he locked eyes with Ant. "One kiss. You better make it last," he challenged, punctuating his words with a raised pointer finger. Ant's heart began to race with anticipation as he leaned in towards Reggie, their breaths mingling in the air between them. With a nod of consent, Ant closed his eyes and surged forward, pressing his lips firmly against Reggie's. The kiss was electric, sending shockwaves through Ant's body as he savored the moment, determined to make it last as long as possible.