CHAPTER 14

"Hey!"

Chanel's voice pierced through the air as she called out to me while we strolled down the hallway, but I chose to pay her no mind, continuing on my way without so much as a glance in her direction. However, she persisted, her footsteps quickening until she positioned herself directly in front of me, effectively blocking my path.

I halted reluctantly, irritation simmering beneath the surface as I met her gaze with a cold stare.

"What?" I snapped, my tone laced with impatience.

Chanel's expression darkened, her frustration palpable as she confronted me.

"What? Are you seriously going to feign ignorance? What was that all about earlier?" she demanded, her voice tinged with annoyance.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her dramatics, a scoff escaping my lips. "You really don't know? Do you want me to remind you by throwing something at you again?" I retorted, my words dripping with sarcasm.

"Do you really want—"

"Ah, whatever" sabi ko at nilagpasan siya.

"Hey, you bitch!"

Binilisan ko ang paglalakad para hindi na siya makahabol. Marami pa akong kailangang gawin at hindi ko sasayangin ang oras ko sa babaeng 'yon. Nakabukas na ang pinto ng sasakyan para sa akin.

"Kuya, sa eighty-seven forty-seven tayo" sabi ko pagkapasok ni Kuya Joberth sa sasakyan.

Tumango siya at pinaandar na ang sasakyan.

I make my way towards the penthouse, the designated location where I've arranged for Nerdy and me to study. Upon our arrival, the doorman graciously opens the door for me with a polite nod and a welcoming smile.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am," he greets me respectfully, his demeanor exuding professionalism and hospitality.

Acknowledging his greeting with a nod of my own, I step inside and take a moment to fully absorb the grandeur of the penthouse. The lavishness of the surroundings unfolds before me like a carefully curated exhibit, each piece of furniture, every ornament, and all the décor meticulously selected to create an atmosphere of refined taste and sophistication. The spaciousness of the penthouse is striking, its high ceilings seemingly reaching for the sky, imbuing the space with a sense of expansiveness that is both impressive and inviting.

The porter escorted me all the way to the elevator, where he kindly pressed the button to call it. As the doors slid open, I stepped inside, acknowledging the porter's farewell with a nod and a small smile. With a gentle ding, the elevator doors closed, enveloping me in a sense of tranquility as I prepared to go up.

I took a moment to appreciate the sleek and sophisticated interior of the elevator, with its polished metal surfaces and soft ambient lighting lending an air of elegance to the space. The gentle hum of the elevator's mechanism provided a soothing backdrop as I awaited my destination.

As the elevator reached its final destination and the doors gracefully slid open, I stepped out into the corridor, greeted by the familiar sights and sounds of my own floor. With a sense of satisfaction, I made my way towards my penthouse, ready to unwind and relax after a long day.

When I opened the door, a little smile crept onto my face as I saw how clean and tidy my penthouse was. I looked around and took in everything I saw. There were vases with fresh tulips, and the living room looked neat and tidy, like the sheets and curtains had just been washed.

The place felt peaceful and fresh, with sunlight streaming through the windows, making everything look warm and cozy. It was clear that a lot of care had gone into keeping the penthouse in such great shape.