ᯓ ᡣ𐭩 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞

staring into space with wandering eyes, her brown glistening onces wishing upon a meeting

staring into space with wandering eyes, her brown glistening onces wishing upon a meeting. sang mei-na's mind went places people wouldn't have thought of. that guy.. the fifteen year old had a lot on her little mind. forgetting to even listen to her lectures. “sang mei-na”, her teacher grunted as she looked to the side. seeing her teacher with a unpleasant expression on his face. “care to explain why you're not listening?”

mei-na looked at him innocently, trying to cover up whatever she had done. “I am listening,”, she spoke. watching as her teacher clicked his tongue. “do you want me to answer it, perhaps?”, a small smile beginning to form in a teasing kind of way. “well, it is–”, she began. already knowing everything.

that's not the point.”

his harsh tone and demeanor caused mei-na to flinch, not thinking herself head. what did she just get herself into? “the point is that you're not showing enough respect, and gratitude towards learning. your already known knowledge has nothing to do with it”, he said tauntingly as she knew what to expect. “bring your parents here tomorrow, I don't wanna deal with this chit-chat.”

feeling herself emotionally disconnect as she could feel a bit of ringing, first time. it's the first time she has ever gotten this kind of news, or even orders. “.. mhm..”, she tried to get out as she sat down on her seat. staring out in air as she scratched her hand in nervousness as she pouted sadly.

she kicked a small rock as she pulled up her phone, going to her messages as she quickly tried to think of a solution as she went into one of the chats. only to find her request of her brother, sang yan coming home. “awh”, she mumbled  as she walked alongside her classmate whom took side glances in another direction. “do you wanna head to the library with me and some... classmates?”, the girl as sang mei-na shook her head. “no, I'm sorry. I have a lot to do.”

“b-but!”, her classmate tried to argue, “they're counting on you being there-!”, she exclaimed as mei-na sighed with a apologetic look. “I'm sorry, but I just can't. perhaps next time.”, she said moving on as she walked past the classmate as she went straight home. opening the gate as she locked it after herself, walking inside as she heard a calm voice. “mei, you're home.” her mother spoke as she stood in the kitchen, cutting up fruit. “mhmm! mā, what are you doing?”, she asked as she hung her stuff at the clothing hanger.

“oh, just cutting up some fruit”,her mother began with her light voice “could you bring this up to your brother?”, her mother asked as she handed over a bowl of cut up watermelon. “mhm—wait, he is home?”, she asked in excitement as she hurried up the stairs with the uniform skirt swayed with her movements. “gēgē! where are you?”, she spoke as her head twisted and turned until she made her way to her brother's room.

mei-na opened the door as her gaze wandered the room before pausing to a figure “who are you?”, she asked a nice-looking guy. “ah”, he mumbled before smiling “I'm duan jiaxu, what about you?”, he gently spoke as he crunched down to her level. her going quiet before replying “sang mei-na.”, she felt a small rapid heartbeat as her gaze graced his features. “jiaxu, could you do me a favour—”

human calc, what are you doing in my room? get out.”, sang yan spoke as he pointed his finger by the door. “gēgē, why did you lie and say you weren't coming home?”, she asked as she pouted with a small dissatisfied expression. “so I wouldn't have to deal with any of whatever you wanted me to do for you.”, he said.

“doesn't excuse it.”, she said as she walked up to him. “could you do me a favour?”, she asked as she looked up to him. “oh, absolutely”, he began. “not.”, knotting her eyebrows as she felt herself stand there with her fist just slightly clinched. “why?”, she questioned in a louder voice. “can't you help me once? this is the first time I've asked for your help”, she said. “I sure have helped you before.”

yes, and?”, he said as she looked at the shorter figure. “you never said I had to repay the favour”, he reminded. “that's something you gotta learn, human calc. don't do things unless you're getting something out of it.”, he picked her forehead as he moved on. gathering some clothes “you're so mean”, she spoke. as the elder just chuckled, “"you're so mean", and?” he said as he did some hand movements. “get out of my room, I'm gonna change.”, he said.

sang mei-na looked at him for a second before looking at duan jiaxu “shouldn't he get out too?”, she asked as her brother rolled his eyes. “fine. both of you, out.”

mei-na walked out with jiaxu as they stood outside whilst hearing the shower go off. “jiaxu, could you do me a favour?”, she began as he titled his head to it, sign that she should continue. “could you pretend to be my brother at my school? please?”, she asked as his eyes widen slight with his mouth slightly open. “did you get in trouble?”, he questioned as she skeptically shook her head up and down as a 'yes'.

“well, yes–and no.”, she said as he chuckled. “it can't be both.” jiaxu said as he crossed his arms “well. my teacher got upset that I wasn't listening during math. but I already have a 100 in math, I can't go higher. and it's not like I couldn't answer.”, she tried to explain.

he scoffed as he looked away for a moment “you expect me to believe that?”, he asked as he bent down once more to look at the girl. “what can you be, twelve—”, he began as he got cut off by a voice from behind. “she's fourteen.”, sang yan spoke as he tried his hair with the towel fully dressed. “she's just short.”

a small playful hit going to sang yan as the ran down the stairs, turning to face duan jiaxu as she sighed. “can you pretend for me? please.”, she said with big puppy eyes as he chuckled with a followed sigh. “where is your school?”, he asked as he followed it up with more and more questions, her answering every single one truthfully. “so, you're coming tomorrow?”, she questioned as he thought about it. “Perhaps, we'll see.”

his words made her brain almost stutter as she didn't get the concept of both rejection and success, what did he mean with "Perhaps"? that's not how things go, either it's a "No" or a "Yes".

mei-na pouted once more as she watched the man walk past her with a smile plastered on his face, sighing as she took a small turn down as she walked down the stairs and to her room. she hoped he'd arrive tomorrow.