Chapter 53 Revelation Of Her Past

Start from the beginning

"Fuck! Steve, where are the twins? How can I be so careless? I forgot about them." She moves away from me and freaks out as she recalls about our babies.

"Hey, relax." I cup her face and reassure her in a soft tone. "Twins are fine, and they are with Olivia and Dad."

"I'm such a terrible mother. I left them alone—"

"Shut up. You're the best mother. No one can take care of our babies better than you. It's just that you weren't in the right state of mind." I explain to her, fixing my gaze on her.

"And nobody can understand me better than you. I feel so lucky to have you, Steve. You're a gem." She conveys her feelings with a smile on her face.

Seeing her smile, I feel as though I've regained my breath.

"You're my everything, Wifey." I lean in and capture her lips in a soft kiss, gently holding her chin.

We pull apart as my phone rings. I pull it out of my jeans pocket and glance at it. "It's your father." As I tell her, she asks me to answer the call, putting it on speaker.

"Hey, Steve. Why aren't you answering my calls? It's urgent. Keep Grace away from news."

We both glance at each other, listening to his words.

After sighing, she tells him, "Dad, I have already seen the news on my phone."

There is a moment of silence before her father utters, "Sweetheart, you don't have to worry. The cops are searching for him, and we have increased security around your place. He won't be able to harm you."

"Don't worry. Steve is with me, and I'm fine." She answers him, keeping her eyes filled with gratitude fixed on me.

"Yes, I am with her, and I'll do everything to keep her safe," I affirm, taking Grace in a side hug.

He exhales a sigh of relief. "Good. Just stay cautious. We are doing everything we can to track him down. If you notice anything suspicious, inform the security immediately."

As he hangs up, I pull Grace into my arms and kiss her head, promising myself to protect her till my last breath.

As our babies return from the garden with Dad and Olivia, Grace steps out of my embrace to take Evan from Olivia.

"Oh, Momma is sorry, baby, for leaving you alone," she apologises, kissing Evan's face.

Dad seizes the opportunity to taunt her, "Don't leave my grandchildren alone like this, Grace." She looks at him with guilt in her eyes.

"Dad, please not now. I will talk to you later about this." I explain, taking Giana from him, she is busy sucking her toy.

"Fine!" Dad storms out, showing his displeasure.

Olivia exits, giving us some privacy.

"Steve, Dad is so angry with me," Grace confesses, her voice breaking.

I can't bear her sadness. It hurts me.

"Love, give him some time. He will surely forgive you. I'll talk to him. You don't have to worry about anything when your husband is with you." I reassure her to lighten up the atmosphere.

Finally, her lips curl up into a smile upon hearing my words, and I sigh.

As Giana's toy falls to the floor, she cries, catching our attention.

"My princess! Here is your toy. Stop crying, baby," I pick up her toy and hand it back to her, and she instantly stops crying and resumes playing with it.

"My little princess." I plant a kiss on her face, enchanted by her cuteness.

My phone rings in my pocket. It's my P.A. calling.

"Just postpone today's meeting. I'm not coming today." I instruct him.

My gaze shifts to Grace, who is already looking at me, signalling not to cancel my meeting.

Ignoring her, I conclude the discussion with my P.A. and end the call.

She assures me, "Steve, you don't need to postpone the meeting. I'm fine now, and security has also been tightened."

I state in a firm tone. "There is no need to discuss it. I'm not going anywhere, leaving you alone."

I just shake off her trembling figure under the table out of my mind. The vulnerability in her eyes haunts me, and my protective instincts are in overdrive.

"But—"

I gently cup her face in my hands, looking deep into her eyes. "Grace, you're my priority. I can't focus on work when you're going through this. The meeting can wait." She tries to protest, but I place a finger on her lips. "No arguments. Your well-being comes first."

"I love you, husband." She confesses, gazing into my eyes before pecking at my lips.

Evan notices the sweet gesture and pecks Giana's cheeks, mimicking the way her mom kisses his father. His innocent action instantly bring a smile to our faces. It's incredible how our twins possess the magical ability to make us smile no matter what.

***

Please leave your precious comments, they mean a lot to me.

Love Mehak❤️