🌸 I do

Ballister pov

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God,"  I'm currently pacing around the room as I wait for the reception to start.

Why am I so nervous? I'm about to get married to the love of my life, for Gloreth's sake!

I quickly make my way to the full length mirror and over analyze how I look.

I'm wearing a black tuxedo, a white rose pinned to my chest and my hair slicked back as it usually is. Nimona thought it'd be a good idea to add some makeup, so I have a light layer of foundation on with faint silver eyeshadow.

Is this good enough?

"Hey, boss! Uh- what's wrong? Don't tell me you're getting cold feet!" Nimona exclaims as they walk in.

"No! No, nothing like that, it's just- ugh! I don't know, Nims," I sigh, running my hands through my hair.

"Hey, look at me," They say, coming up next to and placing a hand on my arm. I look down at them, worry laced across my face.

"You're about to get married, boss," they start.

"Unclench your moustache. This is quite literally the biggest event of your life. You've got nothing to worry about! I just came from Golden boys room, he's just as nervous, but he's just worried about his parents being bitches. Just relax and tell me what's wrong, yeah?"

I take a deep breath and look back in the mirror, looking at both of us.

Nimona is dressed very dapper, wearing a black romper with a small cape attached to the shoulders along with a golden belt around their waist.

"Honestly? I'm scared I'm not going to be a good husband," I admit. A small weight lifts off my shoulders as I say it.

Nimona looks at me through the mirror with a small smile. "Oh, boss," they say. "You're going to be an amazing husband." They then give me a big hug.

Behind us the door opens a tad, and Diego, the coordinator for our wedding, pokes his head in. "Hey, guys, sorry to interrupt, but you're comin' out in a minute, Ambrosius is at the alter, ok?" We nod as he backs away and closes the door.

"You're gonna do great, dad," Nimona says as they walk to a small vanity in the corner of the room, where a small velvet pillow lay with two golden rings resting upon it. Next to it lays a bouquet of white roses and baby's breath.

They walk back up to me and hands me the flowers. "You ready?" They say, holding onto my arm.

"Yeah, let's do this, kiddo," I reply.

"Metal"

"Metal"

We make our way out of the room and to the large oak doors that will lead us to the main reception area; where all of our friends and family wait, and where my future husband is standing.

A song starts to play in the room, and immediately I start to tear up.

The doors open and we are met with many eyes looking my way.

It was you when we first met eyes

It was you in the city lights

It was you when I almost lost control

It was you through the darkest times

It was you that would make me shine

It was you that I hold on tight

It's always been you

Carefully, Nimona and I make the slow descent to the alter, where I see Ambrosius. His eyes wide and mouth slightly open as he gaped at me.