05 | Hints of Home

When Yuji woke up for coffee, the last thing he expected to see was his teacher passed out on the living room couch.

Blinking, he froze, beginning to tip-toe closer to Gojo.

"Itadori-" Megumi started calling loudly as he walked in.

"Shh!" Yuji lunged at Megumi to try to cover his mouth with one hand while simultaneously pointing urgently to the couch. Of course, they were about to play another prank when the opportunity had been given to them on a silver platter. Neither could remember the last time Gojo fell asleep anywhere but in his bedroom.

The students stealthily crept to the couch, peering over the top, only to fall completely silent. They found you cuddled underneath Gojo.

Had you actually fallen asleep like that?  Yuji pondered. Gojo was practically suffocating you with how tight his hold was, both of your necks bent in discomforting ways and multiple limbs hanging off the couch. It seemed there was an attempt for a blanket, but it was folded onto the floor, no longer covering either of you.

Why were you there and not in your new room? Yuji was about to ask until he saw Megumi gesture to the coffee table, which had been moved from its usual spot. There was a half-drunk bottle of expensive scotch. The television was still on, only flashing the loading screen, and your phone and purse were on the floor.

Gojo got you drunk?

Megumi facepalmed, realizing at the same time.

"Sensei!" Yuji whisper-yelled, nudging a passed-out, practically snoring Gojo.

"Hmm?" He grumbled, shifting slightly, causing you to stir with an exhausted moan.

"Sensei did you get my sister drunk?" Yuji asked, tone more firm.

Gojo snapped his head up at the question, the blindfold almost ripping off. He then realized you were beside him, chest rising and falling in long, lazy breaths. Two half-drunken glasses of water were on the table, and some articles of clothing, along with your purse, were strewn across the floor. It looked worse than it was, as you were both still fully clothed.

If Gojo had his way, you would be in his bed, and neither of you would've been interrupted. But...some things were better to wait for.

"Huh," Gojo whispered, looking confused. "I guess we passed out."

Both of the students pretended not to notice the visible hickey on your neck, which became apparent from the way you were almost falling off the couch.

Before another reply could be rebutted, Nobara's whistle echoed down the hallway, and she turned in, oblivious to the reason for the silence.

All three males turned toward her with wide eyes. She stopped abruptly, spotting you first, eyes scanning the suspicious environment left in disarray.

"Did you have sex with Yuji's sister?" She rolled her eyes as if it was obvious and predictable.

"No!" Gojo jolted upright, scrooping you into him with one arm so you wouldn't actually fall to the floor. "I swear on my clan for christ's sake!"

That was what finally startled you awake. A gasp of annoyance left your lips, and then you groaned. There was too much noise and stifled giggles that were all too familiar. As your eyes opened, it took you a moment to realize that Gojo's arms were wrapped around you. Your head turned from his flustered expression to your brother's confused face, hovering right in your field of vision.

"Yuji?" You pushed yourself away from Gojo. Nobody said a word as you sat up, stretching your arms out and yawning. The light was a bit much, but nothing you couldn't handle. After all, you had proven yourself worthy by outdrinking Gojo, and you would wake up gracefully. Your satisfaction quickly dissolved as you glanced at your brother with concern, seeming to overlook the evidence surrounding you.