•• Chapter 9 || Talking with a Lord••

Start from the beginning

Must be Brian, you open the door expecting to see Brian but are shocked to see Garroth instead. "Sir Garroth? What?" You looked at him confused. "Lady Aphmau requested that I accompany you as you gather herbs. We're you expecting someone else?" He said as he tilted his head.

"Well yes but it's nothing. Come on we should head in while it's still daylight." You said as you closed the door and motioned for him to follow. He walked behind you, "what kind of herbs are you looking for?" He asked as he watched you look around the forest floor.

You pull out your book from your satchel and open it from the bookmarked page. "I need more healing herbs, I'm running low." Your answer was short, but you were to busy stopping and observing each plant you saw.

He seem to watch you for a minute until he suddenly crouched down next to you. "What for?" His voice rung in your ear as you jumped and feel back a little. "Geez you startled me, there for Alexis." He seemed to freeze as he then let out a grunt. "Your helping a kid you don't even know?"

You gave him a confused look. "Why wouldn't I? If I have the skills to help then shouldn't I do my best to use them?" He just looked at you for a minute before turning away. "Yes, I suppose so."

You just shrugged at his answer. You knew that most people found that ideology weird. But you were raised to always help those of you could. You flip a page in your book as you study the plant in front of you. "Why are you taking so long on this one plant? It looks just like the one in the picture." He points to the illustration of the plant.

You swat away his hand, "because this plant could be a different one. It looks similar but...here just look." You put on a glove and touch the leaf, "see how the edges of this leaf is pointy ? It means it's poisonous." He flinched as he grabbed your wrist and shoved it back.

"Poisonous?! And you touched it?!" He shouted as he looked panicked. You just laughed, "yes but I'm wearing a glove so it won't hurt me." You wave your hand that's trapped by his strong grip.

He seems to pause before slowly letting go, "I see than my apologies for grabbing you so suddenly." He looked a little sad, you take off the gloves and just chuckle. "It's okay, you were just worried. It is your job to protect me." You stand up and he quickly does too.

As you continue to pick herbs, he also kept asking about each one. You loved to talk about your hobbies so you gladly answered. Soon the sun started to set. "We should head back it's late." He said while looking at the sky.

"Before we do I want to hunt a rabbit for dinner. Is that okay?" You turn to him as you pull out your bow. "Is that why you brought a bow? I was confused to be honest as to why you did since you knew I would be accompanying you." He proudly patted his chest.

You just rolled your eyes, "yes, I was hoping to have a nice dinner. I can set traps but shooting them is so much easier." You draw the bow with an arrow and Garroth just goes quiet. He knew that to hunt you needed to be still.

After a second you spotted one, you quickly aimed at it and shot it right in the neck. The arrow dug into the ground as the rabbit flailed a bit. "Not bad for someone with such weak stamina." He joked, you just scoffed at him and walked over to the rabbit and picked it up by the head. You pulled out the arrow and wiped it on the grass. You put it back in your holder and turned to Garroth holding up the dead Rabbit.

"Let's see you kill a rabbit this clean." He groaned as he walked over to you and grabbed your bow right off your back. You freeze, no way I was just joking. All of a sudden he drew the bow and shot another Rabbit right in the head.

Your mouth gaped, "n-no way." You say in awe. He just laughed as he gave you back your bow and walked over to the Rabbit. "Looks like I win." He holds up the dead rabbit and waves it in front of you.