So, although it was a bit uncomfortable and stuffy, there was no other choice but to endure. Still, the fortunate part of the misfortune was that I could see the street outside Seraphina’s room window. As I drew the curtain slightly and looked outside as I usually did, I could see the Actilus army was preparing to leave.

My heart was pounding.

I stared at them for what seemed like an eternity.

‘…Hurry up and go. Hurry.’

I repeated the mantra in my mind.

How much time had passed?

As the knights occupied both sides of the street and stood in a row, Raniero descended from the temple stairs on a horse. I stared intently, but due to the soldiers’ heads, it was difficult to determine whether he was riding alone or if Seraphina was with him.

My stomach churned.

I immediately closed the curtains and sat on Seraphina’s bed, covering my mouth as my whole body was drenched in cold sweat.

At that moment, Eden’s words came to mind.

“Seraphina is avoiding meeting with the Emperor.”

What if Seraphina never met Raniero?

‘No, that’s not possible.’

Just in case, I didn’t tell her the entire original storyline.

I left out Raniero’s obsession with her and only sold her the future where Eden would die. Even though it was such a selfish and bad move, I was afraid that if I told her everything honestly, Seraphina might run away, and everything would fall apart…

‘If those two had met, Raniero would have taken Seraphina with him.’

But Eden hadn’t come to me…

It was Eden who told me I had to leave before Seraphina killed the Emperor.

Seraphina’s bedroom wasn’t particularly cold, but I shivered at the sensation of a chill creeping up my spine. It was bittersweet. When I first left Actilus and started coming here, I felt relieved and happy. In the wilderness, while I may have been hungry and weary, my heart was at ease.

‘My mind has become complicated again.’

Still, in times like these, what I always chose was ‘doing what I can right now.’ And what I could do now was to leave here for the first time in a very long time.

‘Let’s find Eden.’

Eden was outside, so he might be able to tell me what had happened.

I got off Seraphina’s bed at the thought. Then, I opened the bedroom door and pushed through the heavy stone door across the prayer room. I passed through the deserted corridor and entered the hall of the temple. As soon as they heard my footsteps, the priests gathered in the hall all turned to look at me.