Chapter 3

Cupid's arrows

"What do you think about Aemond?"

Vaera keeped  quaite and just smiled a little

"Hope we'll be a good friends", she finally said,"he was so supportive and kind to me today. We have a little- um- some kind of conversation."

"You looked so cute together... And it seems that my dearest brother really likes you. At the dinner when you and Daemon just arrived, Aemond doesn't danced with another women."

"Usually he does?"

"Not often.  After the accident with his eye Aemond  became nervous and distrustful, so don't blame him for his behaviour"

"I never did. He looked cute when talked to me)"

"I am so glad to hear that)"

"So, what about Jace?", Dirty Princess asked. Helaena had blushed.

"He absolutely adores you, sis."

"I know... Jace is very sweet and attentive to me. Sometimes I wish there were not more people here, because I want to be alone with him more and more... Just to talk, to have him look at me, and... Maybe I'd like to kiss him.. But I'm afraid mother will find someone else for me- someone legitimate-"

The door opened and Jacerys appeared. He looked so shoked. 

"How do you-", Helaena was confused, "Did you hear?.."

"Yes", young man was very pale, "and I'm better to get out now"

"Jace, wait!", the lady standed up, went closer to her nephew and grabbed his cold hand, "Gosh, are you okay?"

"Yes, I am- but it hurts a little, to be honest"

"What's wrong?"

"You know what I mean so well", he started breathihg heavily and almost falled, but the girl made him stay, "maybe you just likes to torture me like that"

"Of course not", she hugged the prince, "I've never wanted to hurt you!"

"B-but you did-"

Vaera helped him to sit down, "You need to rest, Jace. Let's all calm down, okay?"

Helaena stayed behind Jacerys's back and puted her hand on his shoulder. Then she wispered to his ear:

"Forgive me"

Dark eyes softened. No one could be seriously mad at Helaena, let alone Jace, who obviously loved her. 

"Don't worry, I'm alright. Are you about to start crying?"

"N-no."

He gently squeezed her hand and the two young people were silent for a while. When Vaera got tired of it, she turned to her nephew. 

"You two need to talk, you've been playing with each other for four years. It's enough now"

 "Is that true aunt had found an legitimate groom for you?"

"No, no. I hope she never will.."

"I need to confessed my feelings early, but now I can't keep quaite anymore, because It really hurts so much. I- I love you with all my heart all this time, Helaena."

Princess smiled softly and hugged him again 

"I am so happy for that and so sorry you had suffering for this long. Are you angry at me much?"

"Come here, love", prince had setted her at his laps and kissed her on the lips. "It's alright. You know I can't be angry at you"

Vaera leaved the room quaitly. They will be happy, she throught, so happy. She came to the garden and sat down near the fontaine, So will I? 

"My dear girl, are you okay?", Alicent's voice had return young lady to reality, "No, no, you doesn't need to stand up. Don't you mind If I will sat near?"

"Of course not, Your Grace. You are welcome"

The Queen sits near her niece and smiled to her.

"I hope you are well here...I had admit you were a little afraid of Aegon. Please, don't think he is angry at you. He may looks a bit evil, but he is just distrustful."

"I understand", Vaera nodded a bit, "There's not a problem at all. I really lve being here. Now the first time after uncle's funeral I really feel comfortable". 

"I'm happy for that. If you need something, you can ask the maids or come to me personally, don't be shy"

"Thanks you, You Grace", the girl smiled.

"Oh, please. You can call me aunt as well", the Queen said.

Vaera pondered for a time. 

"Now I have to go, but if you want to talk about something, we can meet here later". 

"Okay, of course. Have a good day!"

On her way to the castle she saw Rhaenyra with Daemon.

They are holding hands, half-princess thought, how cute! Cupid is so generous today. Maybe one day I'll get his arrow in my heart...