As they settled down to eat, Kanika couldn't resist teasing. "So, what pearls of wisdom did 'Mata Manarisum' impart today?" she joked about Niharika's lectures on manners. Over time, Panchi and Kanika became best friends, with Panchi confiding all her worries in Kanika, who was well aware of Panchi's situation.

"Nothing special," Panchi muttered under her breath, poking at her food.

"What do you mean, nothing special? Come on, give me a hint, and I'll guess what kind of things your future mother-in-law lectured you about," Kanika teased, looking at Panchi with a playful grin.

Panchi shot her an annoyed glance.
"Don't give me that look. Just tell me."
"Fine, I'll guess then. Um, about clothes?" Kanika ventured.

Panchi's expression remained blank. "No, not about clothes. Um, maybe about eating manners, flower arranging, the way you speak, or how you interact with the house help?" she suggested.

As Panchi's eyes betrayed her emotions, Kanika understood. "Ah, so 'Mata Manarisum' gave a lecture about how to talk to your house help," she remarked, counting off her fingers.

"Exactly," Panchi affirmed with a nod.

1. You shouldn't talk casually with the servants.

2. You shouldn't socialize with them.

3. Avoid saying sorry or thank you to your employees.

4. Always maintain a sense of superiority over them.

"I don't have much left to say, isn't it?" Kanika asked, scratching her head.

Seeing this gesture, Panchi burst into laughter and playfully folded her hands in front of her. "Bass kar, meri maa, mujhse jyada to tujhe saare niyam muh jabani yaad hai," she quipped.

"Stop it, my mother. You remember all the rules by heart more than me. If Niharika aunty had heard all this, then you would have already entered her good books," Panchi joked.

"Nahi nahi madam aapki saasu maa aapko hi Mubarak ho mujhe koi interest nahin uski good Book mein aane me"

"No, no, madam, your mother-in-law. Congratulations to you. I have no interest in entering her good books," Kanika retorted jokingly.

"Aur kaun aisi aurat ko apni Saas banana chahega", "Log aise saas ko budhape mein vridhashram chhod kar aate Hain"

"Who would want such a woman to be their mother-in-law? People leave such a mother-in-law to an old age home in her old age," Kanika remarks, her tone tinged with disdain.

"Girl, she stopped your classical dance, saying it was not of high standard," Kanika continues, sympathizing with Panchi. Panchi's heart sinks as she recalls the past incident.

Panchhi remembers the time when she had just arrived at the Shergill house, eager to pursue her passion for dance. However, Niharika had found the sound of her ghungroo noisy and insisted that Panchi practice ballet or salsa instead, deeming them more 'Standard.' Disheartened, Panchi gradually gave up on her dancing dreams.

Feeling the weight of Panchi's sadness, Kanika interjects with a lighthearted attempt to lift her spirits."Hey, don't let her dampen your mood. Remember that time we got stuck in the rain and ended up dancing like crazy in the middle of the street?" Kanika reminisces, hoping to bring a smile to Panchi's face.

Panchi tries to feign interest, "You force me to dance in the rain."

Kanika chuckles, seeing through Panchi's attempt, "As if you don't want to and you don't even like it slightest."