"What? You don't even remember me?" I sneered, turning on my heel as Zoro scrambled to grab me by the arm.

"Misaki, let it be." Zoro muttered, only serving to enrage me.

"Like Hell I will." I said, my nose crinkling as I stared down Boa Hancock, canonically the most beautiful person in the world.

"Seriously, who the Hell are you?" Boa said.

"I'm Misaki."

"You ought to watch the way you speak to me." She said, looking down on me so far, she looked up.

"I'm just gonna go." Nami stammered, rushing out of the door like a chicken.

"I oughta watch—? Why don't you watch how you speak to me?!" I said, stamping my foot at her. She stretched even farther, pointing at me.

   "You are nothing but an ant at my feet!" Boa proclaimed

"Hancock!" Luffy warned, making her take pause.

"And you are nothing but a —!"

"—MISAKI!" Luffy snapped.

I reeled for a second, trying to remember if he had ever spoken to me like that. It stung. Something clenched in my chest and a knot formed in my throat, making me swallow.

"Please. Go wait for me somewhere else." Luffy said, putting his hand up apologetically.

I could feel a tickle in my nose as Zoro continued to pull me out the door, letting it slam behind us. I could feel righteous indignation bubble up from inside me as tears began spilling over. I can't believe that just happened. I can't believe he just spoke to me like that.

"He just doesn't want you to get hurt." Zoro said, pulling me further away. He looked down at me and his lips twitched into a tighter frown. "Shit, Misaki." He said, pulling me into a hug. "Don't cry. It's ok."

"He kicked me out of the room." I muttered.

"To de-escalate. Boa Hancock is a dangerous pirate. You can't forget that."

"Yeah and she is constantly trying to move in on him!"

"It's not like she is trying to steal him from you — she doesn't even know about you!" He said.

"She should."

"It's better she doesn't."

"I don't like that." I pouted, my tears beginning to dry up.

"I know, I'm sorry." He said, his arms tightening around me. I felt him press his lips on top of my head, and tensed up. Was that ok?

"Zoro." I warned, looking up at him. His eyebrows were furrowed as he tried to figure out what was wrong. Then, he rolled his eye.

"Stop, imp. It wasn't like that."

"You sure about that?"

"I'd tell Luffy and let him deck me again if it was."

"Tell him anyways." I said.

"I've got no problem with that." He said, putting a hand on my head. I took a shaky breath and buried my face in his chest, wishing I was better than this. "Can we go?"

I held my breath, wondering why it felt so wrong to go the way Zoro wanted me to go. Every fiber of my being was screaming that it was wrong. It felt as clear as instinct. That prickle went up the back of my neck, telling me exactly what I needed to do.

"No." I said, pulling away. "I have to go back in there."

"What? Misaki, no." Zoro said, grabbing for my arm again.

I ducked out of his way and ran back to the study, bursting inside. My eyes widened as I realized what was in front of me. I couldn't see Luffy's face, just Hancock's back as Luffy's hands wrapped around her upper arms and yanked her away from him. It was just a split second in time, but it was enough to make my heart drop.

"Misaki!" Luffy jumped back, looking at me with the most wild eyed expression I had ever seen. He looked so spooked, his mouth dropped as his hat bounced against its drawstring from the sudden movement.

Boa's face was beet red as she turned her head to see who was at the door. Her eyebrows raised and her eyes twinkled as she looked at me innocently. I could feel my mouth form into a thin line as I looked on. It was obvious what had just happened. So Goddamned obvious.