"why have you been giving us the cold shoulder allllllll day, dom?" aiden whined, his hands fiddling with her headphones as the group of friends put their trays of food down and decided where to sit.

"have not." she grouched, her hand snatching her water bottle and taking a couple more sips to ease the pain in her throat that aiden seemed to be causing her. 

"have too." aiden grinned, his hands twirling her headphones around his finger.

"have not."

"have too!" 

"have not."

"have too!" 

"have not." 

"have t-!" 

"shut the fuck up!" tyler shouted, slamming his fists down on the table and silencing aiden and dom's bickering.

with the incident of this morning still fresh on her mind, dominique flinched back, tears gathering in her eyes. instead of tyler, she saw her father's face staring at her with an enraged look in his eye. she reached up, her hands lightly brushing her neck, snapping her out of her trance. the image of her father faded out of her head and she saw tyler looking at her with rare, slightly concerned eyes.

dom shook her head, discreetly wiping her gathered tears away with the bottom of her tank top, careful not to smudge her mascara as she turned away from him. 

"anyway." tyler looked away from dominique.

"we should go back to savannah" he started, staring down the table at ashlyn 

a silence overtook the group as everyone stared back at tyler, a somewhat shocked look on everyones face as he bought up the topic yet again. 

"you really wont let that go, will you?" dominique spoke up, her annoyed eyes landing on tyler once more as she decided to stop being such a bitch to the group and suck up what happened this morning. 

everyone looked back to dominique, happy that she had finally said something to them even if it was pretty useless and ultimately a bit bitchy. surprisingly, logan was the next to speak up. 

"i thought we all agreed that it was too dangerous?" his eyes shifted nervously to the floor, obviously scared of what tyler's reaction would be. 

"id rather be semi-stuck then permanently stuck" ashlyn spoke, cutting off tyler as he opened up his mouth to retort to logan's remark.

as everyone started bickering, Dominique tuned it out, opting to look at her phone at the missed messages from this morning that she hadn't had the chance to reply to yet.

demon slayer irl accept not really 

glasses ☝️🤓

everyone okay??

rapunzel but ginger and has social anxiety

👍