Chapter 77: Get Ready for Important Date!

"Rinne, do you think Shido and Nia can... make it?"

Tohka's voice was tinged with uncertainty as she lay on her bed, her gaze fixed on the ceiling, her expression reflecting a mix of hope and apprehension.

"Don't worry, Tohka. You know Shido well enough. He's always found a way to save the day in the past."

Rinne, sitting nearby in a chair near the desk, turned to look at Tohka with a reassuring smile.

Tohka nodded slowly, but there were fresh tears shimmering in her eyes, adding to the innocent appeal of her face. She reached out for a pillow shaped like kinako bread, hugging it tightly to her chest as if seeking solace in its familiar softness.

As she closed her eyes, a myriad of thoughts raced through her mind.

'Did Shido forget about today?'

...

In a surreal and mysterious realm, Shido found himself floating amidst an empty expanse, his expression troubled and uncertain. It was a place devoid of solid ground, where the boundaries between reality and illusion blurred.

Standing opposite him was a girl with long, dark purple hair, her body wrapped in bandages that hid scars-like marks around her eyes. Her voice was monotone, lacking any emotional inflection as she spoke to Shido.

"You expelled me from Nia Houjo's mind, so now I shall reside within yours," the girl stated matter-of-factly, her eyes fixed on Shido with an eerie intensity.

"Even after Mio removed the 'Realizer' from your head, you're still causing trouble?"

Shido's brows furrowed as he tried to make sense of the situation.

"What 'Realizer'?" The girl seemed confused by his mention of the item, then she shook her head. "Wait, are you trying to save me by taking my powers?"

Shido took a moment to explain his actions, his voice tinged with a sense of responsibility. "I seal their powers to prevent them from losing control. It's safer for everyone if they remain within me."

"Ha! Just how egotistical can you be? Thinking that those girls will be doomed without you? From what I am seeing, your action of defiling them has caused them more misery than joy."

The girl's response was taunting, bordering on mocking. She mentioned Shido's relationships with other girls, hinting at the complexities of his life and the burdens he carried.

"No, I take responsibility for each and every one of them, and they are okay with each other."

Reflecting on the challenges ahead, Shido felt a mixture of determination and weariness. Each decision he made carried weight, and the pressures, both physical and emotional, seemed to mount with each passing moment.

"If I told you, the only way to seal me is to have ~ sex ~ with ~ me, would you do it?"

"Hell no!"

Their conversation took an unexpected turn when the girl made a suggestive proposal, testing Shido's resolve and boundaries. His immediate rejection of her advances showcased his unwavering principles and his refusal to be swayed by temptation or manipulation.

As the confrontation escalated, Shido's focus remained resolute. He couldn't afford to be distracted by the girl's antics or the illusions of the realm they were in. He had a mission, a purpose that drove him forward despite the odds stacked against him.

"If you are still behaving this way, stay out of our lives! We have more important things to focus on!"

In a burst of energy and determination, Shido unleashed his power, dispelling the illusions and confronting the reality of his situation. With a final blast, the bandaged girl vanished, leaving behind a sense of closure and resolve in Shido's heart.

...

"Is Boy waking up anytime soon?"

"No, but it doesn't seem like he's in pain or anything."

"Oh I know, how about you wake him up with a true love's kiss~?"

"Get out of here!"

At this time, Shido slowly opened his eyes to familiar surroundings. The ceiling above him seemed to hold a comforting familiarity, grounding him in reality after the surreal experience he had just endured.

"Shido!" Marina's voice rang out with relief as she rushed to his side, followed closely by Nia, who wore a worried expression.

"You're awake, thank goodness," Nia exclaimed, her eyes filled with concern and relief.

Shido offered them a reassuring smile, though his mind was still processing the events that had transpired in the mysterious realm. He recounted his experiences to Marina and Nia, trying to make sense of the strange encounter and its implications.

"If only my Angel could be activated right now..." Nia said with a playful tone, a hint of dismay was in it. But at the next moment, her eyes widened in great shock as she screamed: "HOLY JESUS, my [Rasiel] is back!"

Nia's excitement bubbled over as she realized the return of her Angel, a crucial tool that had been missing for far too long. The reactivation of her Angel symbolized a new chapter, a renewed sense of purpose and determination for their group.

"For real? You got your Angel back now!?"

With Nia's Angel at their disposal once again, Shido felt a surge of optimism and confidence. They were ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, armed with newfound strength and unity.

As the day unfolded, Shido couldn't shake off the lingering echoes of the encounter in the mysterious realm. It had been a test of his resolve, a reminder of the complexities of his role as a protector and a leader. But with his friends by his side and a renewed sense of purpose, Shido was ready to confront the future with unwavering determination.

The journey ahead was uncertain, filled with trials and tribulations, but Shido knew that as long as they stood together, they could overcome any obstacle that came their way.

...

Shido couldn't wait to share the good news with Rinne and Mayuri, but when he got up to the living room, he only smelt something really delicious in the air. When he turned his eyes to the kitchen, he saw the two girls preparing food diligently.

"Shido!? You are awake!?"

They asked with excitement in their voices, their motions stopped for the moment as they quickly gathered around him to check his body for health status. After making sure he was fine, they sighed a breath of relief.

"Thank you both for making dinner, I lost track of time." He said with gratitude. "What can I do to help now?"

"Well, if you are really grateful," Rinne said with a smile, pointing to the calendar, which had a huge red circle around a certain date, "come up with an idea of what gift you want to give Tohka."

"Gift?"

Shido was a bit surprised, what kind of date was it that required such an occasional item?

"I put Tohka in [Eden] for the time being, so she won't come out for another half an hour." Rinne continued, her hands resuming the food preparation. "But still, make sure you come up with something nice for our Princess~"

"!!"

Now that Rinne dropped more hints, Shido finally had a moment of clarity:

Today is April 10th, aka Tohka's Birthday!

A/N:

Greetings, everyone! Today is April 10th, a very special date for us date-a-live fans.

Not only is it our beloved princess' birthday, but also the date where Date a Live Season 5 is airing! We have waited so long for this to happen! Hope we can all enjoy this day together as the true fans of this amazing series!

Next chapter will be about Tohka's birthday, hopefully she will have a blast!~