007. ━ the big bad wolf

Start from the beginning

Meredith shook her head. "I haven't. Sorry."

London sighed and peered around the blonde at the new chief of surgery. "Why do you look so stressed?" she asked him, noticing the creasing around his forehead. "If you're going into the ER, it's probably for a head injury and you've seen those thousands of times before."

"It's not—"

"Where is my daughter?" London froze at the sound of the voice and Meredith ran into her back, quirking an eyebrow upward. "She should be here. So where is she?"

"No, no, no, no, no," she muttered, frantically shaking her head and backing into a nearby wall. "No, no, he's not here. Not today. It can't be today."

Meredith glanced at her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Dr. Halloway, London is busy," they heard Jackson say and London poked her head into the doorway of the ER, seeing her father standing with her best friend and—

"Oh, my God..." she whispered, her eyes shifting to the man occupying the bed. "No, no, this is not happening today."

Arthur's gaze found the doorway and her eyes widened, quickly hiding behind the wall. "London, you're being rude," he said and she closed her eyes. "Is this how you would treat a patient? They can't tell you what's wrong if you're not here."

Sucking in a shaky breath, London pushed herself off the wall and walked slowly toward the three men. "I—Sorry," she said quietly, fidgeting with her fingers. "Sorry, Dad."

Arthur turned away. "Now, where are your manners?" he asked and she glanced up at him. "Get him some water."

"Oh, of—of course," she replied with a nod, hurrying out of the ER. "I—I'm sorry."

"And get a new doctor!" London glanced back at Harper Avery. "This one doesn't seem to have a pulse." Her gaze shifted to Cristina and she nodded. "I was beginning to wonder when I'd see you again, London."

She bit the inside of her cheek and cleared her throat. "Hello, Dr. Avery."

"Harper Avery is your grandfather? And London is Dr. Halloway's daughter?" was the last thing she heard from Cristina as the doors closed behind her.

___________________________

"𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 the cafeteria?" Arthur asked once London had returned with two cups of water in her hands. "I was beginning to think that you were avoiding us."

She cleared her throat and glanced at Jackson. "No," she replied, shaking her head. "I—I was just finding the best water for you."

"And stop stuttering so much," Arthur continued and Jackson looked over at her. "A good doctor does not stutter. It does not give off the confidence that they know what they're doing."

She nodded and stepped to the side beside Jackson. "I'm sorry," he said and she looked up at him. "I was going to warn you, but then he joined our breakfast at the last minute. And then he collapsed, so there wasn't enough time."

"It's not your fault," she replied, shaking her head. "You had other things on your mind." She took his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "I'm sorry they know you're related to him."

"You, too."

"Is it me or are those two women terribly annoying?" Harper Avery asked, looking to the pair next to them—both of them shouting to communicate.

Arthur nodded. "They are both incredibly loud," he added.

"Dad!"

"What?" he replied with a shrug. "I'm just stating facts."