Chapter 1

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I groaned and pulled my blanket over my head, hoping to block the noise coming from my alarm. I don't want to get up because when I do that means I have to get ready for work and then go to work. I don't want to go to work. I hate dealing with people and I just want to lie here all day and do nothing. But no, I have to go and make money so I can live. I hate my job.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Ugh shut the fuck up!" I yelled and hit my alarm a few times trying to find the button that turns it off.

Once I did, I relaxed and closed my eyes. Just don't get up Nick. You don't have to go to work today. What are they going to do? Fire me? Well, they could but everyone knows they won't. They would do anything to keep me there. But my schedule today isn't even that bad. I'm only working a few hours and only have two people. I should just go to get it over with. I groaned again and slowly pushed the blanket off of myself. I shivered as the cold air hit my body. I hate getting up in the morning. I really need to take more night shifts, every time I get up this early I feel like shit.

I sighed and looked at my clock as the time changed from 5:05 to 5:06. God, I'm so bored that I just watched the clock change. I pushed myself off of the comfort of my bed. My feet hit the cold wooden floor as I grabbed the black robe that rested on my nightstand next to my clock. I put it on and struggled to tie it around my waist. Once I was done I opened the door to my closet and walked in. I flicked on the lights and got blinded. Holy shit it's fucking bright. I thought as my eyes eventually adjusted to the lights.

I looked at all the clothes hanging up on shelves. Most of the clothes I have hanging are suits and other fancy shit. I like the way that suits look. They make me look like my life is perfect and that I have no problems in the world. Just a rich man in an expensive suit. The men I bring home also don't mind the suits. Guess people are just into put-together men. I have other things hanging up for the days when dressing up isn't an option. Tee-shirts, hoodies, clothes for work. I hate the clothes I have to wear for work. It's so ugly. I don't even know why I have any in my closet. I never change at home.

I pulled out a gray suit and white button-up. I opened the door below and grabbed the matching gray suit pants. I grabbed other stuff like underwear and socks. I know I should probably change into the work uniform or whatever but I don't want to. I'd much rather change when I get there. I'm way too important for anyone to give two shits about what I do as long as I get the work done.

I flicked the light off and walked out of my closet slamming the door behind me. I walked to the door that was right next to the closet door and opened it. I flicked the light on in the bathroom. I threw my clothes onto the wooden countertops. Some of it fell into one of my black circle sinks.

I closed the door and locked it. I took off the black robe and threw it at the overflowing hamper in the corner of the room. I need to do my laundry. I stepped into the shower and closed the glass door behind me. I turned on the hot water. It was burning my skin. Though there is nothing wrong with a little pain, god do I miss hot water.

I washed my body and hair with the good shit. Not the fucking head and shoulders 2 in 1. If I rather cut all my hair off again than use that shit. When I was done making sure my hair was perfectly washed I turned off the water. I grabbed a towel and dried myself then put it around my shoulders.

I stepped out of the shower and walked to the second sink. I brushed my hair and teeth and did all that hygiene shit. I looked at myself in the mirror to see my dark brown eyes staring back at me. My short brown hair was slightly covering my eyes. I watched as water dripped from my hair and onto the towel.