9 - The Ball

⚠ language and sensitive scenes ⚠

The ball was a glamorous exaggerated event

The ball was a glamorous exaggerated event. Everyone went out to be dressed in their finest. Insecure people hiding behind jewels and expensive clothing. All laughing mindlessly at the banter, while mentally sizing others up.

The layout of the decorous venue, was elaborate, and intimidating to anyone who wasn't used to fine taste and extravagancy.

An orchestra with a jazz singer lined the back of the venue, the podium decorated with flowers and bronze ornaments. Beautiful cream and burgundy drapes, framed the pillars, giving it an alluring, rich appeal.

The room was full of those who came from curse-user families and were giftless, normal people who wanted to interfere and 'contribute' to the cause and curse-users who grew bored and thought playing around with other Jujutsu sorcerers lives would be fun.

Sorcerers from old family's who reigned from decades pranced around proudly, money their sole aim, their power and purpose long forgotten. The now rode on achievements and respect that their predecessors earned.

The Time Vessel Associations head and few of his trusted cronies, attended.
He arranged for the younger females to play hostess and be dates for the curse users that evening.

A well thought of plan, which would have worked had they been aware of exactly who they were up against.
The evening nevertheless waned on smoothly.

The six of them entered separately, Geto and Akari walking in, with her holding onto his arm. Their rings shiny and on display, attracting the attention of people.

Shoko walked in with Haibara, holding onto his arm which he extended. He looked every bit the young gentlman. They decided it best for Shoko to be with him, to keep a watchful eye on the others and be a decoy couple. Yaga predicted that they would want to instigate Geto and Gojo more and thus asked her to be the reinforced standby.

Her role was more important, seeing as how Gojo and Geto would be distracted and vulnerable tonight with their purpose.

Nanami entered a few minutes after, dressed in a dashing tux. Hair styled to make him look attractive and sexy. His usually flat down brushed hair was styled in a side path, volumised and textured. A fringe resting on his forhead, making him look brooding and mysterious.
His tux was finished off with a bow tie, making him look like a handsome refined young man.

The last to stride in was Gojo, who made quite the enterance. He instantly attracted so many pairs of eyes. He smirked and winked at a few of the ladies. His mouth pulled into a cocky grin, with his hands in the pockets of his slacks.