"Y'know, you should hold more faith in me. Remember, you couldn't crack that letter and I did."

Draco huffed and rolled his eyes. "I'm going for a bath."

Victorious, Evie giggled once again and rolled back onto the bed, feet kicking the air and all.

She'd impressed both the Dark Lord and Draco in one afternoon. Well, now evening, seeming that the sun was starting to hide, ready to rest.

While Draco bathed, Evie dressed into a silky green nightdress, then sniffed the two pillows to see which side Draco preferred. The left was potent with his cologne so she opted for the other end.

She conjured the main chandelier to dim dark but kept the bedside lanterns alight.

Evie thought of her meeting, what she'd unraveled and the reactions of her peers.

Lupine and Weasley were alive. She remembered those names vaguely, but not enough where she could place faces to names. Something told her that finding any information of the terrorists wouldn't be Narcissa approved for the Malfoy Library.

Evie wondered whether Lupine and Weasley were students in her year, maybe even in her classes. If they were spoken of between the traitors, they had to be on the wrong side of war. Hardcore Gryffindors or Ravenclaws probably.

From what Phoebe said, Evie didn't have the confidence in believing that Hufflepuffs were made for war.

Whoever they were, she'd have to check the newspapers. Maybe they'd be somewhere in a Hogwarts yearbook? At least she had somewhere to look if Draco didn't want to be helpful.

The bathroom door creaked and a sudden waft of steam curled into the room. Sweet peppermint shampoo caused her nostrils to flare, taking in the scent she hadn't realized she enjoyed so much.

There was shuffling. From what, Evie was too scared to look. Fearing that even if she peaked, she'd see too much skin and regardless if she'd seen all of Draco in one of her memories, it was all too much.

Gods she felt like such a Hufflepuff.

Draco rounded toward his side of the bed, dressed in a stripy pajama set. He sank into the bed like quicksand, yawning the moment his head hit the bed.

Maybe asking him questions about Lupine and Weasley now wasn't the best time. But then again, if she didn't, she may never ask at all.

The reaction of everyone - including the Dark Lord, sent many questions left unanswered and the itch to know was becoming unbearable.

And like a mosquito bite that couldn't be ignored, Evie opened her mouth.

"I don't want to talk about work," Draco interrupted. "Not when we're in bed. Bed is for resting."

Evie clamped her mouth shut. "Alright. What do you want to talk about, then?"

"Nothing." He turned to his bedside table and pulled his wand, and said, "Nox."

The bedroom fell into a distilled silence, unmatched from the darkness that swarmed around her.

Evie hadn't slept in the dark since she returned home from the hospital and the sudden change, the vulnerability, her heart was in her throat.

She pulled the covers to her chin and swallowed her breathing. It didn't stop the fear from creeping in, however.

There was darkness everywhere.

Any moment where a dementor could pounce at her and swallow her happiness. Or for a terrorist to jump out and attack her, killing her before either her or Draco could get their own wand to protect themselves.