[10] Guilt

• ───────────────── •

Kuuho always loved it when a match began. The gust of wind that flows through her hair, the thrilling anticipation of the players and the sun's radiant rays that are almost as scorching as their burning passion. It's exciting.

But today is not the same.

Instead, there is a cold sensation in her chest. It spread all over; putting out the burning flame in her heart. It feels vacant now. She doesn't want to fight them. This isn't how it's suppose to go.

"The match between Raimon Junior High and True Teikoku Academy has come at last!"

No. No. She doesn't want this.

The Raimon uniform feels erroneous in her skin. A sense of unbelonging tugged at her; a constant reminder that she was not by their side anymore. Rather, she is againts them.

The kick-off is for Teikoku. Fudou runs forward and passes the ball to Sakuma.

Sakuma stands in the center. A raw, guttural scream escaped his throat as he prepared himself to make the first shoot.

"Don't do it, Sakuma!" Kidou called out, but his words never reached him.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘰𝘶?

Kuuho's question was answered not long after.

"𝗘𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗿 𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝗻... 

...𝗡.𝟭!"

What she saw next was a new point on the scoreboard, and a panting Sakuma on the ground. There were low, weary gasps that could barely be heard. It's a horrible sight, watching him break apart.

He used the forbidden technique.

"Sakuma you...." 

"Don't use that technique ever again!" Kidou yelled.

"Why? Afraid that someone like me will surpass you?"

 That was Sakuma's irrational way of thinking. When in reality, Kidou was worried about his well-being.

The aftermath of the shoot took a toll on him. He sweat profusely, yet he kept that crazed grin on his face. He slowly walked away, basically dragging himself.

Not only does it affect the user, it affects the one blocking the attack. The pain Endou endured as a result was a testament to that.

The strategy for this match was simple. Mark Sakuma. Don't let him shoot no matter what. Despite the fact that the rest of the team didn't know Sakuma, they still held empathy and agreed to the strategy in order to protect him.

"Raimon had a point taken from them! Kidou dribbles with the intent of counterattacking!"

Kidou, Someoka and Ichinose preform the iconic Emperor Penguin N.2, the successor of the first and undeniabely the superior one. Not to mention, it's much safer.

Genda gets ready.

He opens his hands and places them ontop of eachother. A powerful move unleashed. It bared its teeth, lunged forward, and grasped the ball like a prey caught in a predator's grasp.

"𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝗻𝗴!"

His confident smirk was quickly washed away as he fell to the ground. His organs scream in displeasure. It burns through every part of him, melting everything in its way. He wraps his arm around his waist as if it would ease the pain, eyes shut with voiceless gasps and cries.