[9] Old teammates

• ───────────────── •

Kidou recieved a message.

-----------------------------------------

"𝙺𝚒𝚍𝚘𝚞-𝚜𝚊𝚗, 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙺𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚢𝚊𝚖𝚊. 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗."

------------------------------------------

That's what it said.

Kidou read it over and over as the carvan headed its way towards the specific location Kuuho gave.

To leave such an imperative message in a time like this stirred up emotions inside of Kidou. With the mention of Kageyama, the once cheery atmosphere has dissolved.

The Raimon players conferred amongst themselves on what could have happened, a few recognizing who Kuuho was from their last match, while the newer members were completely clueless.

Kidou sat with his arms crossed tightly across his chest.

Kuuho could see them from a distance, anxiously waiting. They came closer and eventually arrived.

Kidou was the first to exit the vehicle, wanting to get his answers as soon as possible.

"Usugumo-san, what's going on exactly?" He approached her. His voice was slightly uneasy.

"I, well...it's..." She spoke in an unsteady manner, edged with tension.

That's weird.

Kuuho was never nervous when she spoke. She was always calm and poised, seemingly self-assured. If the message wasn't enough, her voice told him that something was definitely wrong.

"It's not just Kageyama... Something happened to Sakuma and Koujirou." She admitted.

She began to explain the situation, including the True Teikoku academy. His heart skipped a beat. The shock, the ache, he feels it all. It felt like it had been carved out and laid bare. It created a prickling sensation like knives digging down his chest. He just couldn't believe it. He looked at her in desbelief, as if waiting for her to tell him it's all a joke.

Though the memory is recent, it appears almost fragmented in Kuuho's mind, but she could distinctly remember the daunting eyes of her teammates. What she saw can't be put into words. She can't bear it.

They promised. They promised they wouldn't go back to their old ways, obeying him like puppets.

So why?...

"You must be Kidou Yuuto, huh?"

A boy with an unstylish brown mohawk and a brash look made an appearance.

"That's him." She gestured to Kidou, eyeing the boy with disdain.

From the moment she saw him back at the hospital, she came to develop a brewing contempt towards him, even if he was the reason she became apprised of what happened.

"I'm Fudou Akio."

"Thanks for leading them here to me, Usugumo." He snarked, flashing a grin at her.

Kuuho gritted her teeth, irritated.

"What's your goal exactly?" Raimon's coach spoke up, wanting to cut to the chase.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to invite you to the True Teikoku. There are some special guests waiting, but I'm sure she already told you." He answered.