000. prologue

It's cold, was the first thing Dolly thought when she woke up in the box. Surrounded by nothing but boxes, ropes and other equipment she grew more confused.

"Where the hell am I?" She whispers to herself. The girl stands up to inspect the cage-like place she has woken up in.

W.C.K.D

She jumps up from the sudden whirring below her. The cage begins to rattle and Dolly steadies herself. With high speed the box moves upwards, which makes Dolly's stomach churn. She didn't like this feeling at all.

Had she been sweating? Dolly touches her shirt, which is completely drenched. Her hair sticks to her face and she can barely process what is happening.

Before she has time to thoroughly think about it the box stops. A red light burns from above the Asian girl and there finally seems to be an exit.

A bright light, which Dolly assumes to be the sun, blinds her eyes. She holds up her hand to protect her face from all the light. Silhouttes of boys surround the opening of the cage.

"It's a girl?" Someone yells out, which creates a lot of commotion. Dolly watches confused as the murmuring grows louder.

Suddenly, a boy jumps down, making the box rattle once again. The girl is met with the sight of an Asian teenage boy with big arms and a harness. Confused, she looks at the boy.

"Welcome to the Glade, Greenie." The boy says as he holds out his hand. "I'm Minho."

Everything begins to dawn on the girl. She doesn't remember a thing. A twinge of panic shoots through her entire body, but she manages to remain calm.

"Nice to meet you, Minho." Dolly replies, shaking the hand of the boy.

"She's surprisingly calm." A boy from above comments. Once again the murmuring starts.

"Slim it!" A voice loudly commands, and the murmuring immediately stops. Dolly makes a mental note of the weird hierarchy that must be going on in the so-called "Glade".

"Minho, help her up." The same voice commands. Minho holds out his hands and motions to the girl to step on it. Dolly hoists herself up and finally gets a look at where she has ended up.

A big field surrounded by tall walls covered in ivy. Trees, hammocks and several buildings that look like they could collapse any moment. Is this her punishment for her past life?

She can hear someone whistle and she turns around. So many boys staring at her. Dolly felt exposed, and without knowing what she looked like she felt like a stranger in her own body.

"Okay, back to work everybody!" The leader shouts, and within seconds the group has dispersed to their "work". Only a few guys are left.

Dolly takes a good look at the leader, a black boy who seems to look a little older than the rest. Next to him a scrawny boy with blond hair, and Minho who had just introduced himself to her.

"Newt, do me a favour and get Chuck for me." The leader asks Newt, the blond guy.

"I'm Alby." Alby simply says and motions to the space around him. "You'll get a tour soon, so no questions until the tour."

Dolly simply nods and looks around at Minho who sheepishly smiles at her.

"I don't have a good feeling about this."

Releasing on 1 May