Chapter Two: Reunited....With Mark?

Alexis woke up the next day on a small bed in a strange room. She was covered by a white sheet. She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"Where am I?"

"Well, finally. The zombie wakes up at last." Alexis jumped in surprise. A tall young man leaned against the door, smirking at her, his scruffy blonde hair hanging over his forehead.

"Elliot!" She yelped. "What are you doing here in my room?"

"Last I checked, this was one of the guest rooms in the cafe, and your room got turned to firewood."

She blinked in surprise. Then she remembered. Her house. The rat. Her transformation.

"And by the way, nice jammies." Elliot snickered. 

Alexis yelped and looked down. Somehow, she was now dressed in a white nightgown, embroidered with little pink hearts. Her face flushed red, and she flung her pillow at Elliot. "Get out!" She screamed at him. He chuckled and caught the pillow aimed at his face.

"Suit yourself. And also, you have quite a case of morning hair." He stepped out and shut the door behind him.

"Meany." She muttered under her breath, and heard another round of chuckles from outside the door. "Eavesdropper." She added. Alexis let out a deep breath. God, what was with that guy? She climbed out of bed, and found her clothes from yesterday waiting for her, washed and folded neatly.

She slipped them on, then went out into the hall. She walked down the hall, and put her foot on the first step on the stairs when her foot slipped, and she went flying through the air. "Kya!" She screamed. Suddenly, she felt someone catch her before she hit the ground.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." A familiar voice spoke in her ear, and she looked up in surprise.

A pair of bright blue eyes looked back at her, framed by scruffy blond hair. Alexis yelped. "Put me down! Put me down!" She struggled.

Elliot smirked. "As you wish." He dropped her right on her bum. 

"Ouch!" She winced, rubbing her backside. "That hurt!"

"Good."

"Hey!"

Elliot laughed. "Well, you'll need to start waitressing here soon, so you'd better get used to Kiki's pranks."

"What?"

"She's known for coating the top step in oil. It gets pretty funny sometimes."

"Oh. Okay. Wait, you said I needed to start waitressing here. Why?"

He rolled his eyes. "What do you think? This cafe is a cover for the Mew Mews and our research."

Alexis stared at him, then looked around the cafe at the pink wallpaper, the white and pink tables, and the dainty little china plates and silver silverware set out. A grin spread across her face. "You designed this place? It's very macho." She snickered, brushing herself off and standing up.

He scowled, then handed her a white box. "Here's your uniform. You'll work here everyday except Sunday."

She took it. "Guess I don't have many options, right?"

"Nope."

"Where can I change? And somewhere private. I'd like it if people couldn't come snooping in! Ahem, Elliot." 

He smirked. "In the bathroom." He pointed down the hall.

She emerged a few minutes later, checking out her new uniform. "Not bad. It actually looks cute!"