Prologue

In a small cafe, painted bright pink and surrounded by trees, five girls dressed in uniforms were hard at work, scrubbing the tables and clearing plates. On the outside, they all looked like normal teenage girls, but no one knew that the five waitresses of Cafe Mew Mew had a huge secret: They were really the five members of Tokyo Mew Mew, a team of super heroes devoted to protecting the Earth from whatever harm. Each girl was fused with an endangered animal, giving them amazing powers used to fight evil.

Then there were the two masterminds behind the girls' incredible transformations: Elliot Grant and Wesley J. Coolridge. For several years now, the two men had been studying and researching a threat from outer space, and had found that the only way to fight back was through the mutation of human genetics, thus the birth of Team Mew Mew.

After many many battles, Tokyo Mew Mew finally defeated the alien threat, a mysterious being known as Deep Blue, who wished to use a strange substance, dubbed Blue Aqua, to rule planet Earth. It seemed as though the fighting was finally over, until a new threat emerged. 

The new enemy was even stronger than the previous, and no one knew exactly how to strike back. None of the Mew Mews, not even the cool and collected Renee, had enough strength. Things seemed grave, until one morning, when Elliot found something very strange, and called a meeting.

"Now what, Elliot?" A girl in pink, Zoey, snapped. "I was just about to go home. I have a date with Mark tonight, you know!"

Elliot rolled his eyes. "Enough about your love life. There're more important things to worry about, you know."

Zoey looked ready to attack him, but a tall young woman in purple stopped her.

Zoey turned to glare at her. "Let go, Renee!"

Renee held on. "Stop, Zoey. Hear what he has to say first. Attack him later." Zoey scowled, but stopped struggling.

Elliot cleared his throat. "Thanks, Renee." He then clicked his fingers, and the huge plasma screen behind him lit up, revealing a map of Japan. "Now, girls. Look at this. Zoom in on Tokyo, Wesley."

"You got it." A young man with long brown hair tied in a ponytail quickly manipulated the screen. He zoomed in on the city. Five flashing dots appeared.

"This is us." Elliot explained, indicating the dots. "This map keeps track of where all the Mew Mews are. And there have always been five dots, one for each of you."

A girl dressed in blue rolled her eyes. "Obviously." Corina scoffed.

Elliot ignored her. "That's how it's always been, until yesterday, when a sixth dot appeared. Wesley and I have checked for any equipment malfunctions, but there weren't any at all." He pointed up at the map. In the far corner, a bright bronze dot flared.

Collective gasps rose from the small group. Finally, another girl dressed in green, Bridget, spoke up. "No way! But that means--"

Elliot nodded grimly. "There's a sixth Mew Mew out there. And judging from the amount of energy emitted from this Mew, she's incredibly powerful, which means we need to find her as soon as possible. She could very well be the key to finally winning this battle."