James dropped unconscious, his back hitting the wall.

James winced when his screen self hit the wall, remembering the pain he was in after that, especially since he had a concussion.

Lily's hand squeezed his hard, grounding him.

Harry's eyes were glassy. He had his head in the crook of Ginny's neck, which made the girl blush, but she put her feeling of panic away. Her friend needed her, she didn't have time to dwell into her feelings.

Voldemort didn't even spare a glance towards James.

He made his way towards the stairs, where Lily, Harry and Rosalie were hidden.

In the nursery of the Potter twins, Lily was standing in front of her kids, tears running down her cheeks, her eyes and cheeks puffy red.

“Mama loves you,” she whispered to her kids, kneeling at their height. “Dada loves you. And so does Moony and Padfoot.” She stroked Harry and Rosalie’s cheeks. “We all love you very much.”

Harry was now full on crying, ugly tears trailing down and onto Ginny's uniform. He mumbled a nearly inaudible sorry.

Hermione and Ron looked at each other, then nodded, and both placed a hand on their best friend’s shoulders.

The door of the nursery was blasted out of its hinges, dust and smoke engulfed the room.

Lily stood up, her arms stretched out to protect her kids.

She could take out her wand, and cast the death curse at him, but she knew better. She knew that nothing could kill him. At least not now.

People were shocked to learn that Lily Potter, one of the Light Side's nicest, had wanted to use an unforgivable (?) curse.

Lily winced. James kissed her forehead gently, showing how proud he was of her, and how he loved her.

“Get away, woman. You have nothing to do with this.” Voldemort said, sneering.

“I won't let you touch my children!” She exclaimed with her chest. The hatred that she felt for the man was so grand that it could be heard through her voice.

Voldemort rolled his eyes. He lifted his wand hand and cast a silent Stupefy, ending Lily's panic.

Cries started.

When Voldemort looked at the crib, he saw two babies crying. One had startling emerald eyes, the other had bright hazel nut eyes. Both had a mop of wild brown hair.

Voldemort grunted in annoyance.

“So, one of you will defeat me, uh?” He said, a look of disgust clear in his eyes. “What a joke.”

Lucius Malfoy looked at both babies with rage. If it weren't for them– especially the Potter boy– then their Dark Lord would still be alive, and everything would be better. Of course, he did not speak those words aloud. He knew that if he did, he would only receive hate.

For the third time that night, Voldemort raised his wand. But, this time, instead of casting a Stupefy, he sent; “Avada Kedavra!”

Many people flinched hard at the words. Most looked away, not wanting to see two babies being hit by the death curse.

But, something weird happened that night. Weirder than anything anyone had seen.

The curse rebounded, hitting the caster in the heart.

A shout escaped the Dark Lord, his body disappearing in a green light, alike to Harry Potter’s eyes.

The house was partly destroyed asked see the house from outside.

People gasped at the sight, now knowing what had happened that night. But, still, people had questions. How had Rosalie Potter survived? And where was she?

Their questions were answered a few seconds later, when none other than Albus Dumbledore entered the nursery.

At the sight in front of him, Dumbledore frowned. He spared a small glance towards Lily, but, instead of going to check on her, he went towards the two babies.

Lily and James frowned. Dumbledore had told them that when he had arrived, Rosalie was already gone, and that he'd checked over James and Lily first. Why would he lie to us?

Dumbledore sighed. He kneeled at the height of the small children and went to touch baby Harry. Before he could, baby Rosalie slapped his hand away, letting out a squeal. Dumbledore glared at her. He went to touch Harry's forehead again, this time without Rosalie disturbing him.

When he pushed back some of Harry's hair, he saw a small lightning bolt scar, confirming his suspicions.

“You are the Chosen One,” he murmured. Then, he looked back at Harry's sister, and frowned once again.

He took her in his arms, and started to form a plan. Then, he apparated outside a town.

Hawkins, Indiana.

People were even more confused now. Was Dumbledore the reason why Rosalie Potter had disappeared? Was he the one to abduct her?

Lily and James turned their heads in sync towards the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

“Dumbledore?” Camly asked Lily, her eyes boring into his soul. “What did you do to our daughter?”

Dumbledore visibly gulped. “W-well, you see, my girl–”

“I am not your girl!”

“It had to be done…” Dumbledore simply said, not even trying to defend himself further.

Lily was ready to throw hands at him, but was restrained by her husband.

“Not now, Lily-flower. Later, when no one will see you.”

Dumbledore walked towards a random house, and deposited the baby on the floor. He rang the doorbell and disappeared in an instant.

Thankfully, the matriarch of the house, Karen Wheeler, was awake at the time, having been awoken by her son. When she went to open the door, the cries of a baby caught her attention.

She looked down, and saw a baby girl curled up in a red and gold blanket. She kneeled and took the girl into her arms, then brought her inside.

What Dumbledore didn't know was that his actions had consequences. And now, this girl, Rosalie Potter, now Wheeler, was going to live some of the most horrible things one could experience, but she will come out of it stronger than ever. And she might just destroy the Dark Lord.

People gaped at that.

What did it mean by that? What were they going to watch? What will (had?) happen to Rosalie Potter?

Hey, hey, hey!!!
It's nearly been a year, (in less than a month it will be) and I finally finished chapter one!!!! Aren't y'all proud of me? No? Okay ;-;
Anygays, this was a long chapter! Longer than I expected.
I hope you enjoyed! And let's hope I finish the other chapter quickly!

—M