Noted: Flight leathers are not waterproof

Start from the beginning

"It has a certain ring to it." He agrees.

"It's definitely better than dead. Where's you Relic?" Violet asks.

"Right here." He takes his arms off their shoulders and shoves his sleeve up. "You?"

"Can't see it, It's on my back."

"Hey, Saeri has hers on her back too, lower back, pretty hot if you ask me." He says then looks back at me and grins. He loves teasing me because I hate it. One too many people have asked if we're together and I've had to awkwardly explain that he's like my brother.

"No he's right though. Show me when we get the time." Rhi smiles up at me.

"What about you?" I ask her.

"Somewhere you'll never see," She responds.

"You wound me." Ridoc slaps his hand over his heart.

"I highly doubt that," She retorts, trying to hide her smile but it reaches her eyes. We move through the commons and into the gathering hall, then make our way through the line for breakfast. I see Oren on the other side of the counter, seems like he didn't bond. I want to laugh out loud but restrain myself, not wanting to be left out from the first flight lessons as a punishment for getting into a fight in the gathering hall. Serves him right for trying to kill Violet and one of her dragons.

"Asshole," Ridoc mutters under is breath. "I still can't believe they tried to kill you."

"I can." Violet responds as nonchalantly as someone who was almost killed can. "I'm the weakest link, right? Unfortunately for me, that means people are bound to try and take me out for the good of the wing."

"We'll kill anyone who looks at you with the wrong intention." I assure her.

"Yes, you would, but we won't kill everyone who does, or you'll be able to say you're a serial killer." Ridoc jumps in. He gives me a look, telling me off. I stick my tongue out at him. We head over toward the Fourth wing section and spot a table with four extra seats.

"Mind if we-" Ridoc starts.

"Absolutely! It's yours!" A couple of guys from Tail Section scurry off the bench.

"Sorry, Sorrengail!" the other says over his shoulder as they find another table, leaving this one empty.

"What the fuck?" I scrunch my face up.

"Well, that was really fucking weird." Rhiannon rounds to the other side of the table, followed by Violet.

"Even weirder?" Ridoc remarks, gesturing across the hall toward First wing. I look over to where he's staring at and see Jack Barlowe being forced away from his table.

"What the hell is going on?" Rhiannon bites into a pear and chews. We watch as Barlowe moves to another table, but they won't move for him, leaving him standing ,dumbfounded.

"How the mighty have fallen," Ridoc notes with amusement in his voice.

"Hey, Sorrengail," A stocky girl from fourth wing says as she passes our table.

"Hi." Violet waves awkwardly, then turns to us. "She hasn't spoken to me since I took one of her daggers in that challenge."

"It's because you bonded Tarin." Imogen throws her leg over the bench and sits beside me. "Morning Eiran, I thought you didn't make it." She acknowledges me. We see each other training sometimes and we've shared tips and tricks here and there. "The morning after Threshing is always a clusterfuck. Power balance shifts, and you, little Sorrengail, are now about to be the most powerful rider in the quadrant. Anyone with common sense is going to be scared of you."