Angels, yes.

Beginne am Anfang

“Uh, don't worry about me,” Isabelle shakes her head. “Let's go,” she adds, walking ahead, leaving Calliope and Jace to watch her in worry as she slowly turns the corner. 

“Hey, I’ve been looking all over for you,” Calliope says, approaching Clary who was stroking their mom’s hair. Calliope looked away for a second, finding this uncomfortable when she shouldn't. 

“I was just here,” Clary says, turning to Calliope who had just arrived. 

“You okay?” The brunette asked, walking to Clary’s side, letting the red-head lean against her shoulder. 

“I will be if people quit speaking in quiet voices telling me that it's okay to grieve,” Clary muttered on Calliope's shoulder, a frown on her lips deciding what to do. Should she give up or try to get her mom back from the impossible? 

“Fair enough. Even Isabelle thinks I’m not grieving enough,” Calliope says as she looks at her mom who looked so peaceful as she laid there. She looked like she was asleep. 

“I don't know why, but I just don't feel much right now,” Clary says, lifting her head from Calliope's shoulder, “Jace was right. Emotions cloud judgment.”

“But it is your right to grieve,” Calliope assured her. “No one will blame you if you broke down right here or anywhere in the institute. We lost mom, so it's okay.”

“Then why aren't you?” Clary stared at Calliope, “why aren't you breaking down with me?”

Calliope shakes her head, “because I need to be strong for the both of us, and after you get better I’ll start my own process.”

“That's not fair,” Clary frowned, “you loved mom just as much as I do.”

“It's not about who gets to grieve first, Clare. It's about dealing with it, and moving on. It just so happens that the latter goes first for me,” Calliope says, whispering the last part to herself. 

If looks could kill, Victor Aldertree would be dead by now. But unfortunately for her, she didn't have that ability, nor did she think an angel would give her that anyway. After getting called by Victor to talk about her still pending reinstatement to Idris, she pondered over who would still want to take her and train her after what happened. Knowing well that Lydia wouldn't be able to take her since she's in recovery. 

“Have you packed for Idris yet?” Victor asked, circling from behind the desk, holding a file in his hand as he continued to stare at her. 

“Didn't have the chance to,” she shortly says, her golden eyes blankly stared back at him. “Is this because of my transfer?”

“Yes, it is,” Aldertree nods, handing her the folder. “Because of Lydia Branwell's health, the Clave decided to train you under a different higher up. All in that file,” Victor explained. 

Calliope doesn't open the file. “And what will happen to Clary?” 

“Clary Fairchild will remain in New York until her training is complete and will be runed accordingly.” 

“And why would we be separated? She's my sister, so far our training is on the same level.” 

“It's because of your condition that the Clave would like to interfere with your training themselves,” Victor leaned back against the chair. “If you’d have opened your file, you would know who and why.”

“And if I refuse this reinstatement after I open this?” 

“It's not a request, Fairchild. It's an order.”