Calliope nods. 

“It's an inborn talent I suppose,” Isabelle grinned before putting her attention back to Aldertree. 

“During the attack in the city of bones, Jace Wayland fought bravely, thus the Clave in their wisdom, has exonerated him of all crimes.”

“As he should be after saving his ass,” Calliope huffed, crossing her arms over her chest still, giving Jace an acknowledging nod. She could tell that he was troubled and that her only guess was because of Alec whom she hasn't seen since she woke up. 

“Chief physician in Idris reports that Lydia Branwell’s health has been improved,” Victor adds, the news giving Calliope relief from worry for her cousin who became very dear to her in the short time they knew each other. 

“Out of the infirmary in record time,” Jace comments to both Calliope and Isabelle who were somewhat glaring at Aldertree for his continued yapping. “Looking good.”

“I always look good,” Isabelle scoffed whilst Calliope chuckled at Isabelle's words. 

“Why isn't Alec here?” Isabelle asked, her lips frowning when she didn't catch a glimpse of her older brother who would always be with Jace, especially at times of briefing. 

“He needs some space,” Jace stiffly informed her, glancing at Calliope who was now focused on Aldertree’s words on the new threats. “Have you packed for Idris yet?” 

“Nope, not yet,” Calliope replied, “don't want to start packing before I even get to say goodbye to mom,” she quietly says, clenching her fist before putting down her arms to the sides of her. 

“You okay?” 

“I’m fine,” Jace spoke aloud, glaring at every glance the shadowhunters threw at him. 

“You know, if you lash out now. It's less likely for a silent brother to screw with you, since you know… some of them were killed,” Calliope thoughtlessly says, unaware of the bewildered and yet amused looks she's received from both Isabelle and Jace. 

“As much as I’d like that,” Jace shakes his head, “I really shouldn't care, they're just judging me by the way they look at me.” 

“Jace, I’m sorry for letting them take you to the City of Bones,” Isabelle apologized. The guilt of sending Jace there after everything they went through, regretting it but at the same time wasn't because it did save Alec’s life in the end. 

“It's alright, Izzy,” Jace tells her with a small smile. “You saved Alec’s life, and mine,” he says, turning to Calliope who was quietly enjoying the reunion of Wayland and Lightwood. “And thank you, Calliope. For saving Alec and buying time until I got there.”

“I did what I knew I could help with,” she shrugs, smiling to herself. 

“Tomorrow night’s rite of passage will bring the total number of dead to 26 silent brothers and 3 shadowhunters,” Victor announces, causing Calliope to stiffen, chest heavy. “Take this time to grieve, plan for what lies ahead. Your orders will follow,” Victor says, looking around until his gaze lands on Calliope's golden ones. 

“Everyone dismissed.” 

Calliope lets out a breath, pushing herself off the pillar and facing Isabelle and Jace, “have any of you seen Clary by chance?” She asked, wondering where her sister went since she got out of the infirmary. 

“I can help look for her if you want—” Isabelle winces, just as she pushes herself off the same pillar Calliope had leaned on. 

“Are you okay Iz? Is the shoulder still bothering you?” The brunette asked in worry, the trembling of her hand still present.