Another problem was presented to her, opening the door with her hands and legs tied behind her, her mouth was covered so biting the handle was also a no-go, though this didn't stop her from trying by using her chin, though it was strange that it didn't take much effort for the door to open and for her to fall out of it, hitting her cheek on the ground.

The moment she got her bearings, she felt loose on both her hands and feet... She was free. After sitting up, her hand immediately went to the cloth stopping her from talking and removed the gag.

However the extra time this took served to catch the attention of the one who caught her as she was thrown to the ground.

"You! This does not mean you can get away from me!"

Taeko kicked the man on the face in defense of herself, causing the man to stumble back before pulling out a switchblade on her, the length of the steel almost causing her already-pale skin to pale further, that and the amalgamation of events she's being put through for one night was already causing her tremendous stress.

In an attempt to run away, she tried to use her feet to launch herself off the ground and run away, but she felt no strength on her legs as pins and needles overcame them due to being bound tightly, this caused her to stumble back down, merely picking up a rock by the side as a means to defend herself.

Time felt slow, but Taeko needn't worry, as a few seconds from now, another car would come barreling down, hitting the rich man who was clad in white, now red.

It took another few for Taeko to process what had happened, and another for her to gain the strength to stand up, upon gaining her footing, the first thing she noticed was...

...a lack of a driver in the car that hit the man.

"What the hell is going on..."
Taeko muttered to herself, all of this was foreign to her.

Being exposed to death is not a new experience for the gambler, but all of this happening the way it did was too odd.

Taeko walked towards the man who was previously threatening her and picked up the knife he had previously held, which was a few feet away where his body rested. She held it tight for self-defense in case any more threats rose.

All she knew was that she was out of her captors' grasp, so she took the time to take in her surroundings in hopes of understanding what was happening.

Immediately she noticed how isolated her surroundings were, she guessed that she was first taken here in order to be easier to be disposed of, but now another question was set before her...

...how did all these unmanned cars get here?

Taeko says unmanned when she went around and found no drivers or anyone inside the crashed vehicles, strangely enough, the doors to each car were locked save for those truly broken enough for it to swing open.

Despite her trying her best to think of a correlation between all these happenings nothing seems to come to mind, except that they were all dangerous, and that just a single thing to go wrong would've resulted in her death instead...

...her death...

"Are you willing to die for this?"

Suddenly something emerged from her mind, and there was this uncanny feeling that never let her down before.

"Kurome san...?"
Taeko whispered, but there was not a soul in sight, so was she really right? With everything that's happened, the next weird thing being that whatever she's feeling is wrong is not out of the table.

Next thing, she squinted her eyes due to a light being flashed on her, it definitely caught her attention, to which she looked up on top of one of the buildings that surrounded her only to see a silhouette, gesturing her to come up the steps.