Chapter 2

[3rd Person POV]

Kirigiri stared at the teasing face in front of her, then she turned her attention back into her file.

By "a lot omitted in this file." Y/N meant everything save for her name, wasn't written.

Apart from her omitted information, there was another thing bothering her, and it was how her father just supposedly handed Y/N the files for the individual students of their class.

But she took note of Y/N's choice of words, he "got this" from the headmaster, not necessarily handed to him. With that in mind, she started to glare at the boy, who, reasonably, felt that the jig was up almost immediately.

"....."

"......."

"...did you-"

"Yes, I did."

The Information Broker looked nervously to the side, that grin of his twitching at the edges.

"Man, I just handed you the file and you already knew?"

In response, the detective put the files back into a singular folder Y/N brought before setting it down next to her.

"What made you think this is a good idea?"

"The opportunity was there, you know... Helps to know what we're going into..."

"And that opportunity is stealing highly sensitive information from a huge academy?"

"It's not like I was gonna sell it."

"That isn't the point here."

Kirigiri crossed her arms, but not even taking a glance away from him, a gesture Y/N knew well, she was... a little mad.

"You stole something."

"I was gonna return it! I just borrowed it without permission!"

"That's called stealing."

The detective pinched the bridge of her nose, before gesturing for Y/N to lean down towards her.

And when he did, he received a painful flick to the forehead.

"Ow!"

"Go return this to the Principal. I'm not reading this."

"Uuu... It's not as if this isn't a thing we haven't done already."

"This is different. We're not investigating nor do we have any reason to."

"For now at least..."

"What?"

"I'm just saying, that we should probably look into them more."

"Do you have something in mind?"
The detective's interest was piqued, seeing as Y/N is pushing that something needed to be looked into.

"I mean, just look at these two."

Y/N pointed to the Future Ultimate Fashionista, and the Future Ultimate Soldier.

"Enoshima Junko and Ikusaba Mukuro, sisters by blood, both at the same age, and both were at the airport hours before a highway exploded. What's more is that the taxi that started the explosion was heading away from the airport."
The broker explained.

"Did anyone see them boarding out? Or is there any evidence that connects it to them?"

"Except for that goofy ahh 144p CCTV camera that can barely see them walking outta there, no, I don't have anything."

"Then nothing of value can be drawn from your claims towards them. It can be chalked up to it just being a huge coincidence

"I know that, but I feel like if we don't do something, then things could get a lot worse..."