02 || He Is The Same Boy

Aarthi and Mahira are freaking big cricket and movie fans. As they were interested they decided to go on a movie date together with their other friends.

That was actually planned by their group of college friends to go on a movie as it was their last year in the college. Now they were waiting outside the theatre cos still there is thirty minutes left.

Despite to avoid this traffic and the annoying vehicle horns they arrived early. They took snaps and were conversing with one another as it was getting bored up.

"Manisshh!" All of the were teasing and imitating their boy buddy, Manish.

"Hey everyone! Opened." Another boy buddy, Deepak yelled and they gladly jumped down walked through the hallways to reach Screen Number 4 in the third floor of the theatre.

Aarthi's Pov:

The movie started and I was immersed into the big screen with so much anticipation.

"Aarthi!" Manish called and I just hummed in response despite not to get distracted from the good scene.

Waiting for a moment to get the answer he only remained silent and eventually he diverted my attention towards him.

"What Manish?" I asked him relaxed.

"N-nothing a-aarthi." He seemed to be nervous and stammers in between.

So, I nodded turning to the screens. He is never like this with anyone else. I never seen him awkward nor being nervous around with anybody or with any of our friends.

These activities of him has been persisting for the past few days  they are so abnormal. He is kind of only being nervous around me.

Whenever I try to get a glance of him he looks away. I am very firm that his eyes are always on me cos I can feel the sensation.

Oh shit! I missed half of the scenes just by wasting my time by assuming few things.

The black screen highlights as 'Interval' that was written in white colour with bigger fonts. We all were discussing what to buy either a caramel popcorn or end up drinking a Coca Cola.

After concluding our discussions Mahira along with Shanu went to use the restroom. Deepak headed his way towards the food area to buy the items we told.

Manish did divert my mind within few minutes I sighed and turned to ask him.

"What was it that you wanted to tell?" I asked him and he nervously turned.

"A-Aarthi that I-I don't k-know how to tell." Manish once more stammered.

"Its ok you pour out what you want to say." I firmly told him looking at his eyes.

"Aarthi I-I love.." Manish did say a couple of words but wait..

O

M

G

!

He is the same black shirt boy I met in the stadium a week ago. He is here now! Is it a coincident? Is it a dream? I am so amazed that I can't believe what is happening around me right now.

I felt those tingling feelings, little blush when he looked at me. I was completely absent minded when Manish said what he wanted to tell me.

"Aarthi!" Mahira called me and I hurriedly pulled her hands and with a joyful smile I tell her.

"Mahi! He's here." I say & she widened her eyes in shock.

"What? Really? Where is he then?" She asks me with the same level of happiness.

"Contrary to our side and one row down you can find him." I explain to her and her eyes wandered towards the seat.

"Something's cooking between you guys I think." She says and I blushed looking down.

Noticing Manish's weird face looks. I paused for a second. Why does my own college mate blush seeing me? He only considered me as a friend.

"Waah" Mahira shrieked a little diverting my mind back to that random boy.

"Shit! Why are you screaming?" I asked after getting frightened due to her sudden squeal.

"Idiot! Didn't you see him? He was staring at you until now. I am hundred percent sure in front of us, behind us, beside us no girls are seated. Most of them are out. He smiled looking at you." Mahira teased with few other words.

"Mahi! You are absolutely right. He is looking at me." I expressed my thoughts only after checking his eyes locked with mine. We both acted like cringe and insane fellows.

Manish left his seat being completely worried. I began to suspect him. I wanted to clarify what is wrong with him by explaining to Mahira.

But I didn't wanted to unless I hear atleast one hint to why he's being like this from his own voice. Soon my mind got distracted as I gazed at the guy.

All of a sudden he started to wave his hands towards me. I kind of feel familiar with him. It feels like I had already seen him somewhere before but can't recognise him right now.

Waving back my hands after tilting my head 360° to check is it me or somebody else, he flashed a cheeky smile. The lights were out bringing our concentration back to the screen.

I was very much concerned about Manish as he didn't return even though the second half had already started. Soon he entered and sat next to me with unsatisfied look.

"Are you alright?" I asked being concerned.

"As if you care" He answered very quick and short that broke my heart.

I didn't wanted to discuss further and grow this argument into a fight so I shut my mouth and tried to be calm until the lights are turned on.