Chapter 14| Bets

6:00pm

Gianna's POV:

"Alright we reach." Jordan said, the car in front of a large board gate.

I saw him reach for something and in seconds the gate slowly started to open.

He drove up the long driveway and a huge house came in view.

Houses like dis did even exist a Jamaica?

Jordan drove up in to the driveway then around the house and soon another garage came in view.

A car was parked leaving two car spaces open for him. Look like one next car ago park round here so.

"Damn a suh yuh rich?" Camila said.

"Babes you ago bless." She said holding both side of her tummy.

We all got out the car almost the same time and Jordan led us to a glass door.

Inside was even more beautiful. It's very aesthetic and well put together, this looks like a resort not gonna lie.

"Alright so Anno me alone live here enuh, four a wi ago share the space fi di short time, hopefully nuh problem nuh stury up. And Gianna please don't be stubborn." He said. Me? Stuban? Nah.

"So a who a di other person?"

"Oh a O- he was cut off by the door opening and a tall figure walked in. Owane?

He was dressed in his formal wear, his eyes glued to his phone as he took off his shoes. As he entered his presence just dominated the room.

"Suh a weh di homeless people dem Deh?" He asked finally looking up and our eyes met in an instant. I stared at him for a while until I broke eye contact. Him look nice today.

"Camila fawud, mi ave suhmuh mi need fi show yuh." Jordan said turning to leave.

Soon Camila followed him and they were out of sight; leaving Owane and I there just staring into each others eyes.

I got a message making me look at my phone.

Kelly: yuh nuh plan fi cook the dumpling dem fi me?

I smile seeing the message and was about to go on WhatsApp to respond when my phone was snatched from my hand.

"A which one a yuh man dem a text yuh" Owane said turning off my phone.

"Suhmuh wrong wid yuh?" I asked trying to reach my phone.

He just held it up in the air and I kissed my teeth still trying to reach it. Why mi did affi suh short?

Every time I reached for my phone he only step back holding it up further.

We continued like this and all of a sudden we both fell on the couch, laughing.