≡;- ꒰ °𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝓅𝓁𝓊𝓈𝒽 ꒱

𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚜...

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ deny that there was something oddly cute about plushies, especially bear plushies. They were small, cute, and easy to carry around. Perfect for decorations and cuddling!

That was what Kurumi Wendy told Yuma Kokohead when she told him about her collection. Yuma wasn't sure what she saw in them, and he could tell that he wasn't a big fan of them before he lost his memories, but thought it was cute how she talked about the plushies. She got so excited like she was talking about dear friends of hers, and it was adorable hearing how much she cherished each one of them. Much to the disappointment of Shinigami, the death god who was haunting him, he let her ramble about them for half an hour.

The main thing he remembered about their conversation was that Kurumi wanted to get new plushies for her collection, but her dad would get mad if she spent any more money on bear plushies. So, Yuma sent himself on an adventure to get her more bear plushies. That was how he and Shinigami found themselves in an arcade.

"Are you sure we're supposed to be here, Master?" Shinigami asked as he entered the building. It wasn't as big as other arcades, but there were still plenty of video games to choose from.

Yes, he replied with his thoughts. Kurumi said she wanted a new bear plush—

"Eww, that's as cringe as it gets!"

Well, it doesn't have to be a bear. It can be anything else. I just thought of winning one from here.

"Forget what I said earlier. That's even more cringe! If you wanna win Flatty's heart—"

I'm not trying to win her heart! Sometimes, Yuma wasn't sure why he entertained her ideas when they both knew she said them specifically to bother him. He should know better by now.

Yuma continued walking through the arcade. The sounds coming from the video games punctured the air as their players conversed with each other. The tacky flooring led him to someone selling tokens. He took a few shien before he left the ship belonging to the Nocturnal Detective Agency, so he took some out. As he counted the money he had, Shinigami said, "I don't think Hellara would like you spending money on a girl instead of repaying your debt!"

It's not that big of a deal. Once he counted enough shien, he went to the counter and bought several tokens. After his purchase, he went to the claw machine where most of the plushies were. There had to be at least one in there that Kurumi would think was cute.

"Master, you know these games are rigged, right?" Shinigami reminded as he put in the first token. "They're meant to make you spend as much money as you can on them. Just buy one from a store."

Kurumi said she wanted one specifically from an arcade, so I have to at least try.

"No, you don't. No one's forcing you to do this."

Yuma decided now was the best time to ignore her and focus on the claw machine. All the plushies looked cute enough to him, but he focused on a bear plush that stuck out to him. Kurumi did say she wanted a bear plush specifically.

The claw moved towards the bear plush. Down it went, and it grabbed an alligator plush next to it. Yuma watched it being brought back. He picked it up and stared at its black eyes.

Shinigami's purple ghost body circled around the alligator plush. "Ooh, this one's awesome! Flatty would like this one! But if she doesn't, it would mean her taste is bad, but we can give this to the Anemic Vampire instead! It looks like him!"