≡;- ꒰ °𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓊𝓇𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓀 ꒱

𝚒'𝚖 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚍...

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴀ million years would Kurumi Wendy expect to see a real Master Detective in Kanai Ward, let alone meeting that same Master Detective in person! And to top it all off, Yuma Kokohead was such a nice person too! He solved the case with her best friend Aiko's death so easily, even if it was with a weird coworker! He even managed to escape the vice peacekeepers' wrath without getting hurt in the process! He could deny it all he wanted, but he was her hero!

Since he was her hero, her mind kept wandering to him. During classes, out on walks, right before bed, it didn't matter when or where. Maybe it was just something about him being the first Master Detective she met who also solved Aiko's murder, but he couldn't leave her mind. She kept thinking about seeing him again just to hang out, getting some meat buns together, and maybe even flustering him by saying he was her hero. There was something undeniably adorable about his red face and his stuttering voice. She never knew Master Detectives could do that!

For today at school, Kurumi had a quiz. It wasn't a big one, but at Aetheria Academy, all tests and quizzes were taken like they were the most important one. She herself never worried too much about tests or quizzes since she always got decent or good grades depending on the subject, so she wasn't worried.

When the quiz was passed out, she realized she didn't have a pencil. Luckily, her teacher said time and time again they were allowed to use pens if they wanted. Thankfully, she had one with her! It was a purple pen, one with light purple ink. It might be a little weird to write a quiz with light purple ink, but it was the only thing she had. She didn't want to bother her classmates who already started the quiz. Besides, purple was a pretty colour! Yuma's eyes were purple, and his hair was almost the exact shade the ink was.

Kurumi shook her head to get all of the Yuma-related thoughts out of her head and forced herself to read the first question. The quiz was all multiple choice since no one could focus after the incident that happened just a while ago. It would be easy to do. Even guessing could give her some marks! Although, it would be nice if Yuma could've helped her. He was a lot smarter than he looked—then again, he was a Master Detective—so he could've finished this test in about a minute! She wished she was as smart as him...

She gritted her teeth. Now wasn't the time to be thinking of Yuma! Even if he was her hero, she should be focusing on her quiz! Getting a good or decent mark was what she always aimed for and got, so she shouldn't let some random boy ruin it!

Then again, Yuma was the farthest thing from a random boy. He came to Kanai Ward for a reason, which was obvious since he was a Master Detective, and he caught her attention the moment she first saw him a short while after the Nail Man cases were officially closed. The Master Detective uniform looked good on him, like it was made with him in mind. His smile was so sweet, and she could listen to him talk all day without getting bored. Yes, he was shorter than her, but short guys were cute too! Yuma especially. How could he not be when he looked at things with those curious purple eyes? If she could, she would be lost in them for days...

Kurumi jumped when her teacher said they had a few more minutes to complete the quiz before they had to hand it in. She looked at her quiz she didn't even start. In a panic, she guessed the answer to every question without reading the question. Was she really thinking about Yuma for that long?

When she handed in her test, she overheard her classmates talking about how easy the test was. She pretended she agreed even though she knew she didn't do well. Next time, Kurumi wasn't bringing that pen to class.

- - - -

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟽𝟶𝟶