Qatar GP 2023

Hellooo guysss! Before you begin to read, this is something new I wanted to give a try for the F1 fans out there. I know I'm mainly a Harry account, but still wanted to get out of my comfort zone and try this, so if anyone reads it and even likes it I'd be VERY happy.
This is my first time writing an F1 related imagine, so please be gentle with me. Anyways, if you decide to read it, I hope you'll like it.
🫶🏻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was one of the hardest races for all of the drivers on the grid. One where they physically reached their limits. All of them. They all pushed through so hard. The aftermath was pure chaos, the exhaustion and dehydration getting to them even before the race ended.

It was the Qatar Grand Prix of 2023. The heat was insane. It had been all day and it kept getting worse.

I was there for my boyfriend of course to watch him do the thing he loved most, racing. It wasn't the first time that I had been at a race to watch, but it's been a while since I've been at one and all because of work. There were only a few times during this season that work allowed me to take some days off to go see my boyfriend.

Charles and I met 7 years ago in 2016 at a club in Monaco when I worked there as a barista. It was my first real job to earn some money, but I quickly started to love what I was doing and got better at it pretty fast, eventually working myself up to be the manager of the club at 26 years old.

That one night back then, Charles came into the club with some of his friends when at some point, he sat down at the bar, starting to flirt with me, what he kept doing throughout the whole night, telling me how he rarely went on a night out and how that night, his friends made him.

I enjoyed talking to him and joking around. He seemed like a sweet guy and when eventually he left me his phone number before he left, writing it on his receipt after tipping me, I couldn't help but call him a few days later.

We had been inseperable ever since, getting to know each other properly and spending the days together. He would come to the club a lot just to see me and spend the night there until my shift was over and he would walk me home as I lived very close to the club. He asked me to be his girlfriend not too long later.

I was there for everything, always supporting Charles like he supported me. I was there when his father passed, a time that was very hard on him, that brought us even closer. I was there when he won the Formula 2 championship, when he got into Formula 1 only a year later, up until he joined Scuderia Ferrari in 2019.

It was always special to him when I came to watch a race, so I did everything to be able to leave work and make him happy by getting on the plane to Qatar with him.

Tonight, Charles was the only one of the team to drive since Carlos' car wasn't repaired in time for the GP, so that meant there was even more pressure on him, but watching him throughout the weekend, I wasn't too worried as he looked pretty relaxed.

Eventually, Sunday night, it was time for the race. I watched from the garage, waiting until Charles zipped up his race suit before I handed him his helmet which he took with a thankful smile.

"Good luck out there." I said to him, leaning in for a kiss. A kiss that became a ritual for good luck before any race. "Be safe." I reminded him. "Fast, but safe."

"Always." He nodded, kissing my lips a second time. "The heat is crazy tonight." He sighed after putting on his helmet, what made me worry just a little.

Normally, Charles was used to heat, I knew he could take high temperatures, but the heat today was different and to that, wearing his helmet and race suit, having to sit in the car for two hours, racing were it would get even hotter, was something I could never imagine being able to do, so I had a huge amount of respect for all the drivers that were racing in these conditions.