Dreamy

"It's A Really Scary Thing, Having Your Dreams Come True

And Seeing Everything You Ever Wanted Happen

Getting The Attention For It

And Then Not Knowing How To Handle It Properly."

Mary Margaret entered Granny's at the same time that Angie had taken a hefty bite of a baklava. Emma had the newspaper open, but placed it on the table when she noticed Mary Margaret. "Excuse me." Mary Margaret cleared her throat. "Can I have everyone's attention please?" Everyone glanced up at her, most with disdain. Mary Margaret continued. "I'm sorry to interrupt your morning but I just wanted to remind everyone that a very special occasion is upon us. Miner's Day. As always the nuns of Storybrooke are hoping that everyone will get involved and will help sell their exquisite candles. All we need are a few energetic volunteers. So who wants to join me?"

There was no response. Everyone went back to what they were doing. Mary Margaret sighed in sadness. Ever since the town found out about David's affair with Mary Margaret, no one had looked at her the same way they used to. Angie watched as Leroy headed up to Mary Margaret. Mary Margaret perked up a little. "Leroy, you want to volunteer?"

"I wanna leave, sister. You're blocking the door."

They exchanged a few more words before Leroy left. Mary Margaret exited after him. Emma looked at Angie and nodded at the door, before she got up to go after Mary Margaret. Angie stuffed the rest of the baklava in her mouth before grabbing her purse and following.

Emma reached Mary Margaret first and slowed down to walk with her. "So, what the hell is Miner's Day and why are you beating yourself up over it?"

"It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition. The nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal."

"Coal? In Maine? If they were mining lobster I'd understand," Emma remarked as Angie finally caught up. She swallowed her baklava before answering Emma's question.

"They use it as a fundraiser now. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it."

"It doesn't seem like everyone loves it," Emma remarked.

Mary Margaret sighed. "It's not Miners Day-it's me. Last week I had 10 volunteers. This week they all dropped out."

Angie furrowed her brows. "You think this is because of David?"

"Oh, I know it is. A few of them told me as much. I've never...been a homewrecker before."

Angie clasped her hand around the coin in her pocket. "Listen May, don't waste tears on David. He's not a real man. A real man would binge watch Jeopardy with you, read your favorite book series, not make you pay for dinner, not hesitate to play the scratch cards game with you, and would sing a duet of Shallow from A Star Is Born with you. He only checked one of those boxes."

Mary Margaret raised her eyebrows. "For someone who is content with being alone, you have very high standards."

"What's the scratch cards game?" Emma wondered.

Before Angie could answer, Emma's phone rang. "Sheriff Swan. Yeah, I'll be right down." She hung up the call and turned to Angie. "Duty calls."

Angie leaned over to Mary Margaret and gave her a bear hug. "Love you, May."

"Glad to know someone does," Mary Margaret said as she returned the hug. "Love you too."

Emma started to walk towards the car and Angie moved to follow. However, pink glitter fell from the sky and covered her. Angie coughed. She was pretty sure that she'd swallowed some of the sparkles.