twenty-four

Taehyun wakes up, instantly squinting his eyes as they make contact with the blinding sunlight that seams through the window of his bedroom. He stretches his arms, unconsciously feeling sunken. He stretches his arms to side, turning his body to same direction too, only to find the space beside him empty and cold.

"Beomgyu-hyung?" Taehyun calls out.

'When did he leave?' Taehyun thinks to himself.

His eyes flicker to a piece of folded paper on his nightstand. He reaches out to grab it, unfolding to see what its insides contain of.

Hey, good morning dollface,

It's 6am, and I'm writing this to you. I just woke up and thought I'd leave since we have school. I didn't want to wake you up so early since you looked peaceful sleeping.

I'll meet you at school.

-Beomgyu 😊

Taehyun smiles at the small and short note before hopping out of bed, rubbing his tired eyes before making his way to the bathroom to freshen up and get dolled up for school. Taehyun steps into the shower and turns it on, feeling the cold-water stream down his body. Taehyun then remembers the chilly night from yesterday, at the lighthouse with Beomgyu and how everything seemed to be trapped time, just the two enjoying each other's presence.

After showering, Taehyun grabs an energy drink from the fridge as he quickly leaves his house, rushing to the bus stop so that he'd be on his way to school. He has the time to eat, but he figures he skipped for today, hoping he'd reach school early and catch up with Beomgyu.

On his way to the bus stop however, maybe it's because he's in a rush that he didn't realize he bumped into a man, slightly shorter than him. Taehyun turns around as he meets the almond eyes of the stranger, his other facial figure hidden by the shadow created by the hoodie he pulled over. Taehyun bows and apologizes for his carelessness.

"I'm sorry!! I wasn't looking." Taehyun says, only to earn a scoff and the sound of tongue clicking by the total stranger who didn't care less and continued walking away.

'Rude.' Taehyun thought, rolling his eyes and continues to dash off to the bus stop. Taehyun suddenly feels a lingering feeling and turns around to see if the man's still there only to see nothing.

He shrugs it off. It's probably because he hasn't eaten breakfast.

Taehyun reaches school in time, stepping foot into the building and making his way to his locker to take some books. On his way there, he sees Beomgyu talking to a few girls at the hallway; him leaning against the window frame.

Beomgyu's eyes dart to Taehyun's and the older doesn't hesitate to ditch the girls and approaches Taehyun with a smile plastered on his face.

"Morning, dollface." Beomgyu greets softly.

"Morning, hyung." Taehyun replies.

"Sorry I had to leave early. Slept well?"

Taehyun nods. "Very. Thanks for accompanying me, hyung."

"Anything for you." Beomgyu runs his fingers through the younger's hair, earning a giggle from him.

"Tyun!! Beomgyu-hyung!!" Kai calls out from a distance as him and Soobin approaches the two boys.

"School bell's about to ring, we gotta go to class." Soobin says.

Beomgyu scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"You just had to ruin the morning."