Chapter 53: Going Back

Start from the beginning

She wrote letters to her friends, not telling them of the attack, but told them of other things, such as Elizabeth's engagement, Victoria's plans and of course of Edmund's shenanigans and Helena's baking and their three younger Winchesters' adventures. She also prepared for the OWLs, pre-reading the subjects and reviewing the previous years and working hard. The attacks and savageness of the death eaters were no new news, but it was getting worse and deadlier, they left victims wherever they went and they had gotten crueler and random in their attacks.

So when Adelaide wore a white dress with black Mary Janes and a pale cream jacket and a matching lace headband, to buy her school supplies, Robert also joined her and Helena, stating his worries. Adelaide's friends were all going on different days from each other and so they were not meeting one another until departing for Hogwarts.

"So, Lena, how do you feel about being permitted to go to Hogsmeade this year?" Adelaide asked her sister who was walking with her to the bookstore.

"Happy, excited and nervous."

"Well, why nervous? It's a trip that you will take with your friends to a wizarding village near the school, eating and buying sweets and purchasing random stuff and drinking butter beer."

"I know, i am probably silly, but new things do make me stressed sometimes."

"Change and new things are scary but hey, the worst thing that can happen in these trips is loosing the special discount on cauldron cakes!" Adelaide added cheerfully. Helena nodded and smiled.

"Oh, look there is Sirius." Adelaide whispered a little later, while Helena was searching for her books on a ladder, mischievously, lying about the boy's presence.

"Where?" Helena said as she turned suddenly and she fell down from the seventh level of the ladder on her back. "Ow." She muttered getting up, while Adelaide laughed at her sister's ordeal.

"You were joking, weren't you? I am absolutely not going to believe you ever again!" Helena said turning red.

"Oh, but come on, it was something. My days have been dull so far! You shouldn't be falling down ladders for getting a glimpse of a boy."

"Ah, and what of you? I am sure you are imagining Avery's face in front of you,snogging you until you're out of breath. Or i am just being stupid?" Helena replied slyly. Adelaide's red face and silence were definitely proving her point.

They payed for their books and supplies, going to their father, who was sitting on a chair bedside a table in the Ice cream shop's ground outside. After seeing them, he handed them their ice cream as they sat beside him, eating their own. Adelaide was eating her usual cheesecake flavoured one while Helena was eating coconut ice cream and Robert was eating a caramel one.

"Oh, Helena there's Sirius over there." Adelaide said looking behind Helena.

"Come on, Heidi, you think i am that dumb to fall for your stupid joke twice? Please, be more creative." Helena said as she continued chewing on her ice cream, giving her an unimpressed glare.

"No, seriously, Lena, he is walking towards us!" Adelaide told her, their father giving them questioning looks, clearly not knowing the subject they were discussing.

"Adelaide, just for goodness sake, choose another stupid person to bother."

"Helena, he is-" Adelaide said, feeling frustrated.

"Oh, Sirius Black is not here!" Helena shouted angrily as Sirius said: "Hello everyone!"

Helena turned red and nearly fell off her chair as Adelaide didn't know whether to face-palm or laugh as she only choked as their father was the only one to greet Sirius, who looked at them confusedly and shook hands with him. Robert stated that he needed to buy some potions supply and said that he would return soon.