After that, we rode on a snowcat up the mountain for a nice little bonfire, pop a shot of bubbly to celebrate our engagement, though she didn't drink the champagne. She just toss the glass with me and switch her drink to none alcoholic, the Hot Chocolate and then we roasted marshmallows for sweet s'mores.

"What a miracle. You didn't drink alcohol."

"I don't feel like drinking."

"It's just one shot."

"I like this better." She lifts the cup of Hot Chocolate showing me.

I smiled kind a bit bitter because I feel like she doesn't have the interest to celebrate our engagement. It's just one shot though. I just shrugged off the negative thoughts out of my mind. I don't want to ruin this moment.

We just sat at the portable folding chair and enjoy the beautiful Alaskan landscape painted with a faint sunset with the Northern Lights in the sky above the mountain range, filed with a vast of coniferous trees like the waxy and evergreen spruce which was beautifully cloaked in white as snow continue to fall. Everything lies in a peaceful and tranquil setting. It is breathe taking and perfectly incredible.

We had a quick dinner and went at the hot spring for a quick dip to relax from the extreme adventure we had earlier and to warm ourselves from the weather.

"Duke, let's be back here again someday. Promise?"

"Ok. Let's come back here." I said and then I pick a sharp stone below the water and draw a line on the giant boulder of rock sitting tall in the water.

"This will count the number of times we had been here. Every time we come her, let's put a mark on it."

"Yeah, let's come here often," she cheered in elation.

I come close to her and then, I kiss her on the forehead as I was embracing her. This was so far, one of the most memorable times I had spent with her. For a short time, all the worries and pains are gone. I was able to forget all the negativity that was running through my mind.

I was trying to deny that my feelings even if how many times she broke me are as strong as my love for her. She makes me happy but also it stings me because I know that she only chose me out of pity. But despite all the torture makes me surer that what I felt for her is unconditional. And as I continue to reflect on our time together, I realized how it felt like I had found a sanctuary in her.

---

Our one-day vacation to Fairbanks, Alaska has ended. We left there at 10:00 p.m. We were both so tired that we only did is to sleep all throughout our flight. We arrived back to Boston at around 7:00 in the morning.

Teri had informed me about the Business convention and just right on time, I arrived there. I have met several bigtime entrepreneurs all over the world. Jak Ma, Elon Musk, Bill Gates are just few of them. There are also many well-known medical researchers who attended this event. After the Business convention, the host announced that there will be an after part in the evening where we can interact with each other.

The party will begin at 7:00 p.m. and we have 2 hours to prepare before the night party.

I immediately called for Terri to prepare all that we need for the said event. When I get back to our room, she wasn't there yet so I called her.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way back to our hotel. Why?"

"There will be an after party later. Do you want to come with me? I want to introduce you to some of my fellow businessmen."

"Are you sure you want me to be there?"

"Of course. Why not?"

"Okey, Duke. But I can't promise you that I will be there on time. I'll came later, let's just meet there."