Feel It

(Jirou's POV)

The academic year is coming to an end soon, which means it's final exam season and the busiest time of the school year. I've been pretty stressed out, but it's almost over. I just need to power through one more week.

I got home late today after spending a few hours studying in the school library. Denki surprised me with a nice dinner he had made. I think he could tell how stressed I've been. He always knows how to cheer me up.

After dinner, I was about to get up to start cleaning up, but he stopped me.

"Wait, Kyo." He says, "I have something to give you."

He pulls out a small box from his pocket. A ring box.

My mind jumped to one conclusion, and he must've seen my shocked face right away.

"It's not-" He laughs, "It's not that. Not yet."

He hands the box to me and pulls another box out of his other pocket.

"Open it." He tells me.

I pull the lid open slowly. Inside was a small silver ring. It had little gem stones across the top of the band. I took it out of the box to find our anniversary date engraved on the inside of the ring.

"It's a promise ring." He explains, "This is a promise to take this relationship seriously and make the best decisions for each other."

"Denki..." I laugh softly, "This is beautiful."

He smiles, "Well, I'm glad you like it. Does it fit alright?"

I try putting it on and taking it off.

"It fits good." My eyes spot the other box still sitting on the table, "Wait, so what's that?"

"Oh, this?" He takes the box and opens it towards me, "One for me too. So we match."

I get up from my seat so I can give him a hug. He kisses me before we let go.

"Thank you." I whisper, "I'm gonna wear this all the time now."

He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into his lap.

"I'll get you at least one more ring after this one." He winks, which makes me chuckle.

"You're so cute." I say, kissing his cheek.

"I love you, Kyo~" He says in a sing-songy tone.

"I love you too, hon."

When he pulled out that ring box earlier, I was scared he was going to propose. It's not like I wouldn't marry him. It's just too soon right now, and we talked about that.

I never really thought about getting promise rings, but I like it. It's something I can wear proudly when I go out, and if anyone ever asks about it, I get to tell them about my wonderful boyfriend.

I love him so much. He's become such a big part of my life. I don't know what I'd do without him.

____________

"It's summer break! We should totally hang out a bunch!"

"Let's all go to the beach for a day."

"I wanna go to a theme park!"

"Let's go on a trip!"

The school year is finally over, and our friends want to hang out a lot over the summer. There's a lot we can do together; we just need to plan things out.

I was worried about Sero feeling like a third wheel with Denki and me dating, and now Mina and Kirishima are pretty much dating, but he took us all by surprise the other day.

"Do you guys mind if I bring my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Girlfriend??"

Mina gasped, "So it's official now?"

Sero was all shy, "Yeah. Since a few weeks ago."

"Well, yeah! You can bring her! I'm sure we'd all love to meet her."

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day when we all were in relationships at the same time. Sero showed us pictures of his girlfriend. She seemed cute, and definitely his type.

I'm happy seeing all our friends happy.

We planned to do all these activities together after spending the first week of summer just relaxing, sleeping in, and doing nothing.

I felt recharged after just a few days of sleeping in. I was getting about six or seven hours of sleep during school, but I slept over eight hours a few days in a row, and I felt so much more energized.

Every night, Denki and I stay up talking until one of us eventually falls asleep. Late night conversations include some very random topics sometimes.

"When you poke your arm with your finger, do you feel your finger touching your arm first or your arm touching your finger first?" He asked the other night.

"...What?"

"You know, which one do you feel first?"

"I don't know...isn't it like simultaneous?"

"No, no. Try it."

I do as he says and poke my arm.

"I swear it's simultaneous."

"No, I feel my finger touching my arm first, don't you?"

"It feels like one thing. I don't know how to explain it."

He sighed, "Maybe we're just different."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No. It's good to have different perspectives on some things."

"Does it really matter for this thing?"

He laughed, nuzzling his nose against my face, "No, but I just like being silly with you."

"You're always silly."

"Not always. I just like making my girl smile."

Whenever he calls me things like "my girl" or "love" or the best one, "my love," it makes me feel all mushy, but in a good way, I guess. He says I blush sometimes, but I don't know what he's talking about.

Another year of university said and done. We're about halfway done, but I still don't feel like a total adult. Maybe when I get into an actual career, it'll hit me. Or maybe when we get married. Start a family eventually.

Denki and I have talked about our future goals. He wants to have kids. I'm still a little nervous about that, but I'm on the fence. I could have one kid and see how it goes, and I guess we can decide from there.

We still have a lot of time to decide. We're in no rush. Denki's very patient with me, and I really appreciate that. He understands my feelings and knows how to comfort me when I need it.

I can't predict the future or anything like that, but I can feel a future with him.

I don't know what it is.

I can just feel it.