𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: Capturing a Weird Sight

Start from the beginning

The guests gasped, then turned to Renjun. The latter just nodded, smiling subtly.

"He's so gifted!" his papa commented. "Oh, what a perfect alpha! It's only natural his future mate is Renjunnie."

It seemed that mentioning mate thing rang something in their heads as both parents turned to their son.

"Have you two thought about an assurance collar, sweetie?" Dad asked in curiosity.

Renjun feared this question. His neck was open for them to see everything, and they saw neither a bonding mark nor an assurance collar. Such a sight was weird, and it was only expected they were curious because everything they heard so far should've led the two to a closer relationship.

"Mr. Lee has already ordered one. Actually, I did it at his demand, a few days ago," Jaemin replied instead. "The collar is planned to have an expensive fabric with golden letters sewn on it. Mr. Lee is still debating which fabric, and he'll have to reach someone abroad as they're not selling the one he wants in the stores. Moreover, the aquamarine color is unique, so higher paint costs are expected, which means the fabric will be much more expensive. It'll take a while."

Again, Renjun's parents gasped, and their son wasn't surprised. Jaemin knew how to convince people that even for a brief second, the omega believed him, too. Especially when he mentioned so many details. But the second later, Renjun knew it was a lie. He would've known it before his parents, wouldn't he? Besides, it was hard to believe Jeno, who didn't speak to him at all, wanted something as fancy as a collar with unreachable fabric.

"It's a pity we couldn't see Mr. Lee," Dad said. "We'd love to meet him after hearing so many things about him."

"I'm very sorry, but he's in a lecture right now, and after that, I'm afraid, he has a meeting. Very busy alpha, indeed!" Jaemin kept sweet-talking.

If Jaemin was a magician or an illusionist, which was exactly what he looked like, the more he spoke, Renjun was sure the sweetness of the beta words would be like honey dripping down the guests' ears, and their brains would flood with this sweet and sticky crap.

But Renjun's parents weren't stupid. They noticed that the beta talked way more than their son, just like his constant presence. They were a little upset about the latter not joining the conversation. Papa spoke to him in Chinese, "Let me ask you the most important question. Are you happy?"

Jaemin flicked his eyes on the omega, but the latter ignored him.

"Yes," Renjun replied. "I like it here so much, I'll do everything to make my alpha happy."

"Does he treat you well?" Dad asked.

"He does. He's a little quiet, and we still need to get closer to each other. But I'm looking forward to that..."

The parents exchanged their glances.

"Is there something wrong?" Jaemin asked and bent down to check their expressions.

"Well, we're glad to see our son happy and would've wanted to stay here a bit longer, but it's time for us to go, sadly," Dad spoke and stood up.

"Call me more often," Renjun said, suddenly upset that he couldn't tell the truth to them as the illusion that he was living in a perfect house with a talented mate was way better.

"You too," Papa smiled. "Let's contact each other weekly."

The Huangs stood up, thanking for the tea. Jaemin smiled at them and offered to walk them to their car, joking that sometimes guests lost their way. Renjun wanted to cherish his last minutes with his parents, so he also went outside. But even there, he had no privacy. Jaemin was right next to him, continuing his jokes and politely helping them to leave even though it wasn't that necessary. The Huangs almost forgot to hug because Jaemin kept them busy with distractions.