Chapter 1.

(This is my first attempt at writing. I hope that you love it as much as I do but whether you do or don't, please comment and let me know. Tell me if you want more or less of anything and point out anything I should change or make better. Warning: this is a boylove story but even if you're not into that I think that you will see the beauty in it. I promise I'll post at least a chapter a day but usually more until it's done. Enjoy)

          "What's going on?" I asked, nose scrunching at the burnt acrid smell that filled the air of the kitchen. Both of my mom's were hard at work, one spreading icing over what looked like a large hunk of charcoal while the other furiously waved at the smoke pouring from the oven.
          My sister Alicia shook her head sadly. "New neighbors."
          "What the hell?" I asked in exasperation. "Do you want them to hate us?"
          My mom scowled, doing that stupid pointing thing she does when she wants everyone to know that she's serious. "Watch your mouth. This is to welcome them to the neighborhood."
          "Nothing like a case of food poisoning to let them know that we want to be friends," I whispered, plopping down into the seat next to Alicia.
          She leaned over, mumbling to me under her breath. "They are trying to make up for the whole biracial lesbian couple thing. It looks good on paper but it can be kinda shocking to just have them pop up on the doorstep y'know?"
          Alicia made a point I hadn't considered in a long time. Besides it becoming common place in my mind, our moms had been together long enough for everyone else to grow used to it as well but if I dug down deep I could remember the ignorant perverse boys who made a point of seeking me out just for this reason.
          "We could just bring wine," I called out but it fell on deaf ears, both of our moms beating at the cake that had just burst into flames for the second time.
          Checking over her shoulders as if someone could be listening in on our conversation, Alicia leaned even closer, her voice low enough to make me feel like a part of some conspiracy. "They have a son. I saw him this morning... Cute too"
          I rolled my eyes, snorting softly. "Lucky you."
          "Nah," she said with a shrug. "He's your age. Little too young for me."
          "Aghh, to hell with it!!" Alicia's mom screamed, spraying the cake with the little fire extinguisher that we kept underneath the sink.
          "Great...."I mumbled softly.