Chapter 1

"God fucking dammit," America thought as he raced through hallways, looking for the meeting room. He'd been late because of an absolutely terrible accident on the highway. Semi truck and two cars. The traffic had lasted about three hours, backing up cars and not letting any new ones on the freeway, making him incredibly behind schedule.

"Why did I have to pick living in D.C. over NYC?" he thought to himself, questioning his life choices.

He started to worry that he'd be the only one late to the meeting (though that's usually not the case) and that the organizations would be absolutely pissed at him for being late.
Once he saw Japan, who was also trying to get to the meeting, he quickly calmed down.

America slowed down a little so that he could be at the same pace as Japan. Usually, she would've been able to run faster, but her pregnant belly was slowing her down.
"How ya' doin', Ame?" she asked, panting from having to run.
"Heh, been better. Yourself?"

In response, she gestured vaguely to her stomach, of which looked like it'd pop any minute now.
"Gotcha."

They both stopped at the meeting room door to catch their breath so they'd look like they weren't fighting for their life a moment before after they went in. Once they entered, the two got an earful from EU who was very strict on being on time. He didn't care when they both told them their excuses (traffic and a delayed plane) and gave them extra paperwork.

After EU was done giving them the paperwork, they both took their respective seats. Japan by South Korea and Taiwan, America by Canada and Mexico.
"You're late," America heard a voice from beside him.
"Sorry ujjl," (father) he said. "There was an accident."

Canada hummed in response. "NATO and Germany were getting nervous." He looked over at the smaller. "You know they don't like going to these meetings without you."
"I know... They're getting older though, so they need to get used to it."
"I suppose."

They both turned their attention back to UN who was calling up Greenland to talk about how global warming was affecting him and his people. America had always admired Greenland for how he emitted this "no bullshit" energy. He wasn't sure how he did it, but it certainly worked.

Greenland's engagement ring shined as he turned over to China.
"You have by far the most CO2 emissions. I know your population is incredibly high, and that can be the main cause, but you need to find a different way to power things as these emissions are negatively impacting people and animals."

"And what way might you be suggesting?" China asked in return.
China had the same "no bullshit" energy, but most people mistake it for arrogance due to him having been associated with USSR who was arrogant beyond belief.

America started to feel a painful, itch like feeling in his back where his stumps are. He used to have wings when he was a baby, but they were cut off by his grandmother (who thankfully died in WW2) and sold to Austrian Empire. Nobody knows where they are now as they do not reside in AE's old castle or with her children.
America could care less about it, as the stumps didn't hurt (until now, of course) and the wings are basically a "look at me! you didn't kill my ancestors!" in his mind. Or in other words, useless.

He tried to itch it, but it's hard to itch the middle of your back without being noticeable.
"Hey, uh, what are you doing?" Mexico asked from his right.
"I'm trying to itch," as he said that, the feeling became mixed with itching and burning. "What do you think I'm doing?"
"Having an exorcism done on you?"

America shot a glare at his neighbor, and it seemed to work in terms of getting Mexico to shut up. He still felt the burning in his back, which was getting worse by the minute, but wasn't sure how to make it stop without acting like a monkey on steroids. In his mind, slamming his back into the chair was the best idea he had from his two braincells.