Chapter 4

(i know the story still kind off seems boring but we're getting there, please lmk how u like it so far <3)

──────────────────

As I walk back to the base and round the final corner, the hustle and bustle of everyone is already in full swing. Soldiers are fixing their hats and gear while rushing to their tasks for the day, the scene resembling a buzzing beehive. I found a bench and took a seat, observing the action unfolding in front of me.

From a distance, this view may seem mundane to an outsider, but for me, it's filled with memories and longing. Each sight and sound reminds me of home, evoking a sense of nostalgia that tugs at my heartstrings. 

Despite my high position in the military, there are moments when I yearn for the simplicity of my rookie days, the sense of purpose, even the annoying tasks.

With a sigh, I tear myself away from the bustling scene and glance at my watch. Time is ticking, and I need to get back to the base. Dodging through the busy 7 am marching soldier traffic, I make my way to the Task Force wing. 

As I step inside, I'm met with curious glances from my new teammates gathered in the common area. I offer a quick nod of greeting before making a slight sprint for the stairs, eager to retreat to the solitude of my room.

Once inside, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

But even as I unpack my gear and settle in, I can't shake off the thoughts. With a heavy heart, I wonder if I'll ever recapture the sense of purpose and camaraderie that defined my early days in the military... the days before war...

──────────────────

(i cried while writting these paragraphs)

Dressed in my uniform, I stand before the mirror, the fabric familiar and the patches gleaming in the light. Each insignia tells a story, a testament to my journey as a soldier.

With practiced hands, I affix my patches, one by one. My name, boldly embroidered across my heart, a reminder of who I am and the legacy I carry with me.

As I adjust my uniform, my gaze falls on the patches adorning my shoulders, emblems of my allegiance to my beloved homeland. They serve as a constant reminder of the sacrifices made by those who came before me. They represent more than just fabric and thread, they symbolize the values and ideals for which I stand. With every stitch, I reaffirm my allegiance and dedication to defending and protecting all that I hold dear.

As I step back to admire my reflection, I see more than just a soldier in uniform. I see a protector, a defender of freedom and justice. And with each patch in its rightful place, I am reminded of the privilege and responsibility that comes with wearing the uniform.

──────────────────

As I anxiously walk around my room and brace myself to meet the others my phone chimes. I walk to my table, grabing my phone I look at the messages. 

"Where are you? I want you to meet everyone."

"In my room"

"Come out, they're downstairs in the common area, im on my way there"

"I'll wait for you"