The Mission 2

Prison After Midnight 

Sulha and Cedrick stealthily infiltrated the prison, disguised and determined. With over 200 guards to evade, they moved cautiously. Despite Cedrick's worries, Sulha's priority for finding the prisoners didn't hesitate. As they reached the inside of the prison, tension filled the air. "Princess, 200 soldiers are guarding the prison. They will easily capture us." Cedrick said, his voice trembling with fear. Sulha looked at him, annoyed, "Hush, I am trying to find the way." She said before looking away.

Suddenly, the two heard footsteps approaching. Cedrick whispered to Sulha, inches away from her ear, "That must be the guards." Sulha nodded. "We'll have to talk to them," Sulha instructed Cedrick with a pat on the shoulder. "What... what do you mean by 'talking'?" Cedrick's voice trembled with bewilderment and nervousness, his heart racing with fear. Sulha confidently approached the guards with confidence. She locked eyes with the muscular man. His blue uniform indicated his superior status, and he approached them. "153, what are you doing here? This post is not your station," the Police Chief questioned after reading the numbers visible on her uniform. Sulha maintained eye contact while Cedrick stood frozen out of fear. Sulha took a deep breath before answering, "Greetings, sir. I apologize for my sudden disruption. I am here at the request of the leader of Lara to run an errand for the prisoner's cell. Sulha explained. The Police Chief whispered as he reached out his hand toward Sulha, "Wait a minute. This face..." Cedrick begin to panic fearing the worst for their plan and their lives." Could you have been Ihsan from the entry exam?" the Police Chief asked. "Forgive me, sir, but I fear our paths have yet to cross until this moment," Sulha replied, her smile touched with a hint of nervousness. Cedrick seized the opportunity to intervene, his voice carrying a tone of polite insistence. "Could you please enlighten us as to the whereabouts of the foreign prisoners? The leader of Lara awaits eagerly, and I would not wish to delay his request." 

The police chief nodded and directed them. "Proceed straight to your left from here, and upon reaching the stairs, take a right. Continue straight until you encounter the subsequent flight of stairs. Walk down until you arrive at the lowest floor; therein lies the quarters of the foreign prisoners," The police chief thoroughly explained. Sulha exclaimed with a bright smile, her enthusiasm matching her relief." Your help is greatly appreciated! Rest assured, I will speak highly of your kindness to the leader of Lara," Cedrick expressed his gratitude warmly, and Sulha nodded in acknowledgment before they turned and departed. 

The Police Chief laughed incredulously, "How could a recent graduate ever forget the face of the exam proctor? Are all youths this thoughtless nowadays?" He turned toward a guard he had been speaking to earlier. The guard responded, "Should I notify the Leader of Lara about these impostors? If they're linked to the foreign prisoners, they could pose a threat to Hikare." Dismissing the notion, the Police Chief scoffed, "Don't be absurd! Reporting such a trivial matter to the general would only make us a laughingstock. A girl in a fake mustache and a jittery lamb in uniform—nothing we can't handle." With a light chuckle, he exited the room. 

Sulha swung the door open and exclaimed with excitement, "This must be the place!" She hopped inside like a jubilant child. Cedrick voiced his apprehension to Sulha, gently expressing, "My princess, forgive my frankness, but I can't help but feel tense. It all seems too effortless, considering we're penetrating the prison's most confidential area. Not a single guard has stopped us. Doesn't that strike you as odd?" Halting abruptly, Sulha turned to face Cedrick. She sighed before nodding in agreement, then related firmly, "I've observed the same. It's undeniably doubtful. Brace yourself for any surprises! If we come under attack, I command you to flee to safety without hesitation, regardless of my well-being. Do you understand?" Anticipating Sulha's command, Cedrick responded with a crumpled brow and a tearful gaze, "How can I possibly leave you behind?" Sulha tenderly explained, "Cedrick, you understand your abilities better than anyone. Your efforts to shield me might only hinder our advancement. It's crucial for both our safety. I implore you to prioritize your well-being. Will you do this for me, please? Sulha begged. Embarrassed, Cedrick's gaze fell to the ground, the weight of Sulha's demand made him feel as though he were being mandated to withdraw like a coward in the face of danger. Indeed, Cedrick was the least physically adept among the trio, lacking proficiency in swordsmanship or self-defense due to his frail heart and delicate appearance. He had never received training in combat skills, relegated to following orders and completing errands instead.