Just A Peck! (HS)

Anya giggled as she watched people dancing from the sidelines—including her best friend, Becky, who was dancing like a maniac. But it was accepted, it was her birthday party after all.

The pinkette took a sip from her drink, continuing to watch the party go on. She was dancing earlier, but she too was dancing her heart out like Becky, and she desperately needed a water break.

Anya looked down at her pastel blue babydoll dress, straightening out her fluffy skirt a bit. This party was really fun so far—it was Becky's birthday, how could it not be?—but she was missing someone. Someone she was really embarrassed to miss.

Damian Desmond.

It was no secret she had a huge crush on Damian. It seemed everyone in the school except him knew. It was a good thing he didn't know, though. There was no way he liked her back.

They had became friends over the years—he used to be mean to her, but ever since they started middle school, he grew out of his ways—so it wouldn't be too weird for her to walk up to him at the party. That wasn't the problem here, the problem was he (supposedly) wasn't here.

Anya knew Becky invited him—the pinkette had made sure of it—but she just couldn't find him! She thought maybe she could spot him out while she took a break, but no, he was either hidden or not here at all.

Or he was somewhere in the mansion with another girl...

Anya sighed, leaning back against the wall. She wouldn't let these thoughts get her down. Who needed Damian anyway? This was her best friend's birthday here! She would have way more fun hanging out with Becky.

Anya finished off her water so she could walk back out to the dance floor, a smile on her face as she prepared herself to dance all this negativity away.

That didn't end up happening though, because before Anya could find Becky, the brunette had found a microphone and made an announcement.

"Hello! I need everyone's attention!!!"

Anya looked around, eventually seeing Becky standing on a chair, a neon pink microphone in her hand.

"We're gonna play truth or dare now! Everyone get in a big circle, okay?!"

Everyone—including Anya, of course—did as the birthday girl said, all sitting in a large circle. Becky invited everyone from class, and then some. There were even some actors from Berlint in Love in attendance.

Becky, when she spotted the pinkette, ran over to her, sitting down next to her best friend with a small thud. Becky was pretty sweaty from dancing so hard, so Anya patted the brunette's head with a napkin as she continued to speak on the mic.

"As the birthday girl, I'll go first." She announced, making everyone go quiet so she didn't need to use the microphone anymore.

Becky hummed, looking around the circle for a moment before pointing at a guy from their class, Bill Watkins.

"Bill!" She yelled, "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Bill answered, getting a few laughs for not picking dare. "Come, tell me, what's your biggest fear?" Becky said, making Bill blush a little, but he did stand up and walk to Becky, whispering his fear to her. A surprised smile sneaked its way onto Becky's lips, but that was about it.

Bill then went on to ask someone else 'truth or dare,' and then after them, the same person would ask another. So on, and so on. Anya couldn't care less. She was too busy scanning the circle for any signs of her special Desmond.

Anya let out a soft gasp.

There he was, Damian Desmond.

He was looking gorgeous, per usual. He wore a dark blue collared sweater, which was tucked into a pair of black dress pants. His hair was styled the same way it usually was—un-resistible.