Shameless - M.R

Unlike this any other week, this week had been especially hard. With exams coming up and many other dreadful additions being added to the school because of Professor Umbridge.

The castle was quiet, only a few students ballsy enough to go out their dorms 20 minutes before curfew. Me being one of them. Besides I was only coming back from the library.

Filch and his cat were out reminding people that it was 20 minutes till curfew. My footsteps were nothing compared to the loud voices coming from paintings.

With only a minute to spare before Filch had my head I slipped into the slytherin common room and weaved through several people before making it to my dorm. There was a total of 4 beds in my dorm room, all of them being doubles.

Green quilts and white pillows on each bed, all made and neat. Not a single crinkle in the sheets. Each one of my room mates were in the bathroom, something to do with one of their little sisters.

I was quick to get changed into something comfy and slip back out the room, before someone could spot me. My feet were light on the marbled floor as I made my way back down to the common room.

My eyes scanned the room once I got to the last step. The hoodie I wore was too big on the sleeves by fit perfectly with the body, so I rolled the sleeves up. Finally my eyes landed on a particular, curly, brunette boy sat in one of the arm chairs by the fireplace, talk to a bunch of other boys.

His hair wasn't the neatest it could have been, it was long and messy, little locks sticking up here and there. He no longer had a blazer on and instead it was over the arm of the chair, his tie was undone, hanging loosely around his neck, and the top two buttons of l his long sleeve were undone.

"Reckon her favourite colours blue?"

"The fuck is wrong with you? It's obviously pink"

"She only wears it everyday."

Slowly I dragged myself over, and stood beside the arm of his chair. Their conversation was intriguing, but only four of them were really bickering about it.

My hand reached out and ran through his hair, to try tame it a little bit, but he bat my hand away with a grumble. "What the-" His dark hazel eyes relaxing slightly when they met mine, realising who was touching him his shoulders dropped.

Mattheo raised his eyebrows towards me before turning back to talk to his friends. Instinctively my eyes rolled, and I moved round the arm chair, picking his large hands up from his lap. I sat down and wrapped his arms around my shoulders like a blanket.

My head stayed on his shoulder while my legs rested over his thigh. Mattheo leant forward a bit while talking. "I've been in her office, it's full of cats. Just pictures of cats." He mused shaking his head, keeping one hand on my shoulder to make sure I didn't fall off his lap.

I now knew exactly what- or should I say who they were talking about. I had been to Professor Umbridge's office earlier today for a detention with Luna and Cho because I dropped a pencil and they both tried to pick it up for me.

Mattheo leant back again, brining me with him, so I now had my back pressed against his chest and my head on his shoulder. He listened to his friends debate on what they thought about the new headmaster, but kept his hand on my thigh.

Some of his friends seemed surprised to see me, some raised their eyebrows but no one questioned anything. I hadn't really met his friends yet, only briefly spoke to them. I adjusted how I sat rolling my head to the side as and into his shoulder more.

My eyes closed and I blocked out everything around me, focusing on his thumb running over my knuckles every few seconds.

Turning his attention to me Mattheo brushed my hair out my face and behind my ear. "Are you okay?" He whispered placing his arm round my shoulder and putting his hand on my over shoulder, almost to pull me closer.

I giggled quietly feeling him kiss the side of my head. "Just a long week."

With a small smile he kissed my cheek and went back to talking to his friends. It was quite funny, one friend I knew as Enzo yelled that it was UmBITCH, and not Umbridge. And Malfoy was attacked by two random girls for saying Professor Umbridge was a professional lesbian because she loved pussies.

But sooner or later tiredness caught up to everyone and one by one they all turned into their dorms for the night. With only Malfoy and Regulus trapped in agreement about the lesbian thing, I took my chance to get Matts attention.

I moved my hand out of his grasp and motioned for him to lower his head. Surprisingly Matt chuckled and this time allowed me to reach up and move his hair around with my fingers.

"You desperately need a haircut." I sighed looking up at my hand as I combed my fingers through his brunette locks.

"You're so rude to me." He tutted shaking his head.I giggled while humming.

"You love me, shut up"

——-
short but it'll do.

tysm to for GabiAvila509 suggesting this, hope it's alr lmao x

- jinx xxx